High School Hoops

rico

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Brownstown beats Silver Creek and Carmel both on the road this weekend. 

Brownstowns JV remained undefeated beating Carmel by 2 tonight. 

Benter with 35 against my alma mater.  Carmel is BAD this year. Can’t remember the last time they were this bad tbh. 

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

That was either an accident or someone just being stupid.

Well those polls are absolutely horrendous. I absolutely don't care that BC isn't ranked where they should be, but like two weeks ago they had BC below SW Hanover and Providence. Seems like a waste to me, no not a big deal, at all, but meh. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Well those polls are absolutely horrendous. I absolutely don't care that BC isn't ranked where they should be, but like two weeks ago they had BC below SW Hanover and Providence. Seems like a waste to me, no not a big deal, at all, but meh. 

I don’t even know how the poll is done but they definitely come up with some interesting rankings 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DC2345 said:

That was either an accident or someone just being stupid.

I've found that it's usually the result of coaches selecting from a drop-down menu and tapping the adjacent team instead of the one they meant to choose. But in this case I can't figure out who they meant to vote for. 

On 1/19/2024 at 8:14 AM, TheWatShot said:

1-10 South Adams received a vote in the 2A poll this week. 

19 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I've found that it's usually the result of coaches selecting from a drop-down menu and tapping the adjacent team instead of the one they meant to choose. But in this case I can't figure out who they meant to vote for. 

Does the coach of the team they beat have a vote?  

On 1/19/2024 at 5:54 PM, TheWatShot said:

It wouldn't ever be a result of a coach, though, right? They only vote on the Top 20 across all classes. These mistakes are always the media. 

On 1/22/2024 at 12:56 PM, btownqb said:

It wouldn't ever be a result of a coach, though, right? They only vote on the Top 20 across all classes. These mistakes are always the media. 

I guess I was thinking football. I'm not sure who actually casts these votes. 

Whoever they are, somebody gave 2-10 Southern Wells a vote this week, and apparently people voted for a school that closed 4 years ago. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 10:54 PM, TheWatShot said:

I guess I was thinking football. I'm not sure who actually casts these votes. 

Whoever they are, somebody gave 2-10 Southern Wells a vote this week, and apparently people voted for a school that closed 4 years ago. 

My guess is that it is a rogue voter that probably needs to have their credentials taken away.  Same person probably voted for all 4 of these teams.  

image.png.d0b3730b8f5fb9eff31cded5dfddda43.png

25 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My guess is that it is a rogue voter that probably needs to have their credentials taken away.  Same person probably voted for all 4 of these teams.  

image.png.d0b3730b8f5fb9eff31cded5dfddda43.png

And my Lady 'Cats can't get a vote?  WTH?

Silver Creek beat Bloomington South tonight for the first time in 8 meetings since the two schools started playing each other.  Those previous 7 losses included an Anthony Leal buzzer beating 3-pointer over Trey Kaufman-Renn in 2020 (Covid Year) when both schools were ranked #1 (South in 4A and Creek in 3A), as well as 1-point losses in both of Creek's State Championship seasons ('19 & '21).

Felt good to get that monkey off our back.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

@Seeking6,  @Stlboiler23 and any other Carmel guys out there.

I see where Carmel beat Fishers tonight.  That has to be a big boost in what has been a tough season so far.  

They beat Fishers and Ben Davis in the same weekend lol week prior they beat Pike, Brownsburg. 

They are currently a Top 15 rated team in the state via Sagarin. 

Every single loss Carmel has is to a Top 25 team in the state. Plus Trinity in Louisville. Including 5 losses to Top 8 teams in the state. 

They have played the #1 rated schedule in the state. 

They still have 5 games left, all against Top 20 teams in the state-- 4 of them in the Top 11. 

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Silver Creek beat Bloomington South tonight for the first time in 8 meetings since the two schools started playing each other.  Those previous 7 losses included an Anthony Leal buzzer beating 3-pointer over Trey Kaufman-Renn in 2020 (Covid Year) when both schools were ranked #1 (South in 4A and Creek in 3A), as well as 1-point losses in both of Creek's State Championship seasons ('19 & '21).

Felt good to get that monkey off our back.  

Saw that win for Creek and was even more impressed with our win on the road against SC. 

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Saw that win for Creek and was even more impressed with our win on the road against SC. 

We matched up well against them.  They did a good job limiting Daeger.  I think he only took 5 or 6 shots all night.  Made 4 of them.  But, otherwise, we were able to do get the ball where it needed to be. 

Creek has struggled the most against teams that shoot the ball well from beyond the arc.  Brownstown, obviously, shoots the ball very well.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

We matched up well against them.  They did a good job limiting Daeger.  I think he only took 5 or 6 shots all night.  Made 4 of them.  But, otherwise, we were able to do get the ball where it needed to be. 

Creek has struggled the most against teams that shoot the ball well from beyond the arc.  Brownstown, obviously, shoots the ball very well.  

I forgot that you were an SC alum. Did you watch them play Madison Friday night? 

26 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yes.  I was in attendance.  I thought Madison played well.    

I was there also. My boy was the tall thin lefty #13. They played SC tight until the end… but it was a pretty good game for the most part. Couldn’t hit shots down the stretch. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

@Seeking6,  @Stlboiler23 and any other Carmel guys out there.

I see where Carmel beat Fishers tonight.  That has to be a big boost in what has been a tough season so far.  

They did beat our #15 Ev. Harrison by 14 a few weeks ago.

Still trying to figure that one out. Although the Warriors did manage to win 2 of 3 games that week-end....