High School Hoops

rico

56 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Kanon Catchings to prep school :)

Overtime Elite. $100k minimally and play with other potential future pros. Hate that the state is losing a really good kid from a high school perspective....but I get the business side of things. 

But speaking of business couldn't a kid in this state start building up his brand/followers,etc....for NIL deals and dwarf the Overtime Elite $ as a freshman? I'd think so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Overtime Elite. $100k minimally and play with other potential future pros. Hate that the state is losing a really good kid from a high school perspective....but I get the business side of things. 

But speaking of business couldn't a kid in this state start building up his brand/followers,etc....for NIL deals and dwarf the Overtime Elite $ as a freshman? I'd think so.

So did he give up his college eligibility or can he still play college 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Gotta admit….when I first saw the limited clips of Bentner I wasn’t impressed 

But you were sold & so was MP….

I've known him since he was 3. His dad was my HS coach.. its more than just I think "Jack is good". I'm bias. Won't deny that, won't apologize either. 

I will say... you'd better get a hand up on the kid. He can flat out shoot it. 

9 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Gotta admit….when I first saw the limited clips of Bentner I wasn’t impressed 

But you were sold & so was MP….

Also.. and idc if some don't like this or understand... 

When Jack is in college, Purdue will be undoubtedly my "2nd favorite team".. and I will watch a good number of their games. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

When Jack is in college, Purdue will be undoubtedly my "2nd favorite team".. and I will watch a good number of their games. 

I went through the same thing with Jerry Sichting...

Sichting would have walked to Bloomington, but RMK never offered... A decision he later said he regretted... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

We all played against the alums & old guys in open gyms…..

guessing coach was lighting it up 

6'8 PG? Yeah, he kicked out asses in practice. He also "hit" me with a dodge in the middle of my sweaty back in HS, I was a FR, thought I was going to cry 🤣🤣🤣

Like the old rubber dodgeballs that actually hurt. 6'8 dude just CHUCKING one at 5'7 FR me. 🤣.. "you gon' learn today"

Coach Benter was the gym teacher and would play games against us. 

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I went through the same thing with Jerry Sichting...

Sichting would have walked to Bloomington, but RMK never offered... A decision he later said he regretted... 

I guess I am different because I wouldn't care if my best friend went to Purdue I would still root against that friend.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

When I watch Purdue, I root for TKR to play well.  That said, I always hope Purdue loses.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

When I watch Purdue, I root for TKR to play well.  That said, I always hope Purdue loses.  

Depends on Jack's level of play on the team. 

If he's a starter/star.. I'm rooting for them to win.. if he is more of a bench guy, or for some reason doesn't play much.. I won't root for them to win. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1