IUBB 22/‘23

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

The Woodson quote that Osterman posted is the culture problem.  First 3 sentences is just God awful messaging to convey to your team.  Absolutely terrible.

Look at Kopp in that picture. Watching with his hands on his hips, fifteen feet from his man. If the PSU player on the wing wasn't so wide open and tossed it to the top of they key, Kopp couldn't/wouldn't possibly recover. He shouldn't see the court the rest of the season. 

I don't have a clue what Gunn was doing, but he's a freshman and at least trying to close out from a mile away. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Look at Kopp in that picture. Watching with his hands on his hips, fifteen feet from his man. If the PSU player on the wing wasn't so wide open and tossed it to the top of they key, Kopp couldn't/wouldn't possibly recover. He shouldn't see the court the rest of the season. 

I don't have a clue what Gunn was doing, but he's a freshman and at least trying to close out from a mile away. 

Kopp is just waiting to see if the shot goes in.  I would say waiting for a rebound but based on his stat line we all know that is unlikely....(sorry, cheap shot)

30 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I mean I guess you’d have to go back and do the research (I’m not doing it), but I remember MOST saying they wanted him. Maybe I’m wrong. 

I don't remember it like that at all. And it certainly not most, but it probably wasn't as dramatic as I described it to begin with. 

Multiple ppl saying "pass" because of his "offer list" and where was ranked. 

11 hours ago, Mike said:

Looks like Duncomb won't be here next year .His grandma just said Woodson outcoached again.Said Woodson plays his choosen ones.

That surprises me not at all. I expect IU will lose 7 players or more from the current team.

3 players run out of eligibility.

TJD and JHS go pro.

Duncomb and at least 1 other (JG is my guess) transfer. I can easily see more than transfers than that.

And IU has only 2 players coming in next season right now to replace all of those.

1 minute ago, go_iu_bb said:

That surprises me not at all. I expect IU will lose 7 players or more from the current team.

TJD and JHS go pro.

Duncomb and at least 1 other (JG is my guess) transfer. I can easily see more than transfers than that.

And IU has only 2 players coming in next season right now to replace all of those.

I expect a bunch of new faces next year no matter what happens.  I am not as convinced that JHS is going pro after this year though.  If he does, I think Reneau will probably move on.  Seems like JHS being here was the main reason he ended up here.  XJ, RT, TJD, and Kopp are all gone for sure.  I think JG leaves or is asked to.  Banks is probably iffy.  It would be really hard sitting on that bench and not getting any time given what is going on out there.  See also Duncomb.  Gunn, Leal, and Galloway are probably the most solidly here.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

TJD and JHS go pro.

Priority number 1 for Woodson and staff is to figure out how to salvage this season as much as possible.

Priority number 2, and perhaps more important long term, is figuring out how to put a good team on the floor next year. It's not going to be a comfortable situation next year if we struggle and roster turnover won't be a valid excuse in the current landscape of college basketball, IMO. The ability to manage a roster effectively is nearly as important as X and O coaching in today's game. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Is she related to Justin Smith’s dad?

At the end of the day, this program is a car wreck.  Claims on one of the other boards that a very senior player told an assistant coach to STFU and sit down during the Northwestern game.

This thing is a broken down 1987 Full Bird Trans AM.  Sweet car back in the day but now just a rusty, broken down memory of its glory days.

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

At the end of the day, this program is a car wreck.  Claims on one of the other boards that a very senior player told an assistant coach to STFU and sit down during the Northwestern game.

This thing is a broken down 1987 Full Bird Trans AM.  Sweet car back in the day but now just a rusty, broken down memory of its glory days.

Oh wow, was any more detail provided on who the player was, who the coach was, what the result was, etc? Things happen and get said in the heat of the moment, but don't really love that. 

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Oh wow, was any more detail provided on who the player was, who the coach was, what the result was, etc? Things happen and get said in the heat of the moment, but don't really love that. 

https://btownbanners.com/topic/13816-fire-mike-woodson/?do=findComment&comment=764374

Starts there and more details shared on following few pages.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I was just reading that over there. Very disappointing IF true. He should have been shown the bench IF true. 

IF it is true, at least he said it to his face. 

17 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I saw that. I’m not exactly doubting it happened but that poster that did say that who claims to know all this information hasn’t really been right with his information since I’ve started visiting that site. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

And yet Miller was on the floor last night?  

21 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Ah the good old rumor mill... Gotta love it... according to the OP it was Miller Kopp... 

If Coach Woodson let that happen without benching right then and there, and additional punishment, then he's not the leader I think he is... But I have my doubts that it happened at all... 

Maybe that Chris character is hoping Coach Woodson gets fired so he can fire up (mostly wrong) posts about successors and "done deals." 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Ah the good old rumor mill... Gotta love it... according to the OP it was Miller Kopp... 

If Coach Woodson let that happen without benching right then and there, and additional punishment, then he's not the leader I think he is... But I have my doubts that it happened at all... 

Maybe that Chris character is hoping Coach Woodson gets fired so he can fire up (mostly wrong) posts about successors and "done deals." 

Somebody needs to go back and look over the Northwestern game film.  It will not be me.  I have had enough misery to last me for awhile.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

https://btownbanners.com/topic/13816-fire-mike-woodson/?do=findComment&comment=764374

Starts there and more details shared on following few pages.

If this is true, Woodson failed as a coach right then and there. Player should have been sent to the locker room immediately.   As head coach, you have to have your assistant's back in that situation.  And, a message has to be sent to the players that there are boundaries. 

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If this is true, Woodson failed as a coach right then and there. Player should have been sent to the locker room immediately.   As head coach, you have to have your assistant's back in that situation.  And, a message has to be sent to the players that there are boundaries. 

Yes.  And again, IF.

26 minutes ago, rico said:

And yet Miller was on the floor last night?  

Could be Woodson's NBA experience, where stuff like that can happen without consequences.  If I was coach and that was said to one of my assistants, I make an example of the player. 

The severity would depend on whether I thought the player could learn from it.  In this case, the player is probably beyond the point of changing who he is as a teammate.  He would be iff the team, not starting the next game.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Indykev said:

That Chris dude hasn't been right about anything. He'll tell you the sun is out and its midnight.

DIdn't he used to post here and got butt hurt because not enough people worship him adequately? 

Not saying this didn't happen, but would be awesome if someone else at the game noticed this. I was at the game and certainly didn't notice it. 

• Like 1