Rutgers Game Thread

KDB

4 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

I hate that I'm thinking that way too because I really don't want to. 

My inner pessimist revels in thinking about all the fun and excruciating ways IU can find a way to lose.

My crimson-colored glasses self says we win 20-16.

I just stomped on the glasses. 

Little did I know the excruciating part would be quarters 2,3 & 4.

Silly me.

52 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

wow you guys do hate the coach. 

I haven't seen anyone say, "I hate Coach Allen."  Not saying folks haven't thought it or said it previously, but today, no.  You know, jojo, everyone is just tired of seeing a continuation of ineptitude and clown coaching.  And don't get me wrong, the administration is very much responsible for this as well.  It's really everything that relates to IU football and is long, god awful history.  Tom Allen, I'm sure is a good man, but IU  is still a mess.   😐

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are good enough to be in most of these games. We have been close or ahead in the 4th quarter in each of the last 4 games. For whatever reason, we don’t have the ability to close out games. In part, I think we can’t sustain drives. Can’t eat up clock. 
Don’t know what the answer is. Change of coaches? We’ve been down that road so many times and the results don’t change. Talent influx? Maybe. Can we entice a higher level of talent to Bloomington? Not sure on that. May take huge NIL$$$ to do so, and not sure that we have it for football 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

We are good enough to be in most of these games. We have been close or ahead in the 4th quarter in each of the last 4 games. For whatever reason, we don’t have the ability to close out games. In part, I think we can’t sustain drives. Can’t eat up clock. 
Don’t know what the answer is. Change of coaches? We’ve been down that road so many times and the results don’t change. Talent influx? Maybe. Can we entice a higher level of talent to Bloomington? Not sure on that. May take huge NIL$$$ to do so, and not sure that we have it for football 

I think it has to do with our offense being to fast of a pace and that leads to our defense being on the field to long.  The longer the game goes the more tired the defense gets.  Also it seems like our defense has trouble getting off the field on 3rd downs.

I guess I am bored and frustrated with IU football so I went back to 1970 which is the year I was born. I figured the record for each decade and it is not pretty. 

70's 36-72-1 1 winning season

80's 49-64-2 3 winning seasons

90's 47-64-2 4 winning seasons

00's 39-78 1 winning seasons

10's 49-74 1 winning seasons

20's 11-17 1 winning seasons 

12 bowl games 

Also I didn't count .500 record as a winning season 

Edited by IU Scott

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Need some better asst. coaches, better talent, bigger NIL...and work the Portal hard every year.

• Like 1

On offense we have to get more playmakers like Lucas who can make people miss in space. The catch by Swinton on the last possession where he got behind the defense should have been a TD but he isn't fast enough.  I think it is time for us to get more mobile ay the QB post and not just a statue in the pocket.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess I am bored and frustrated with IU football so I went back to 1970 which is the year I was born. I figured the record for each decade and it is not pretty. 

70's 36-72-1 1 winning season

80's 49-64-2 3 winning seasons

90's 47-64-2 4 winning seasons

00's 39-78 1 winning seasons

10's 49-74 1 winning seasons

20's 11-17 1 winning seasons 

12 bowl games 

Also I didn't count .500 record as a winning season 

I’m gonna use this anytime I’ve been drinking too much.

Gonna sober my ass up with a quickness. 

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So based on the historical information Scott posted… maybe our expectations are unrealistic. Maybe we’ll always be who we’ve been over the last 50 years.

What is frustrating is that just a couple of years ago we played a New Year's day bowl against Ole Miss. We thought we were slighted because we weren't playing a top team. Two years later we are 3-5 and Ole Miss is 7-0 and ranked 7th in the country 

Coaches to consider if we have an opening.  I know it won't happen this year but a guy can dream can't he.

Gary Patterson - former TCU head coach and current consultant at Texas. 

Bill O'Brien former PSU and Texans head coach and current OC at Alabama. 

Paul Cryst former Pitt and UW head coach.

We need experience head coaches and not some up and coming coordinator 

• Thanks 1