For all spouting for new coach.

jojo123

1 hour ago, rico said:

C'mon man.  I am by no means advocating for Diaz, but he would be a HR hire for the Hoosiers.  

I guess my response didn't post, it flashed back to a sign in, then I reloaded and was back in business.   

Anyways.   I didn't see you explain why you thought he would be able to win here but couldn't at Miami in the acc.  And rhen why would that be a hr?  Pr?  I'm talking about results.  Question.   Can IU actually make a hr hire?  I just totally disagree that Diaz is anything  more than a guaranteed single or maybe a double.  Even if he did win at IU he'd be gone for the sec school not named Vandy.  

I posed a top 25 coaches ranki g this morning.   Paul Chryst was 18.  

Can IU use the B1G money and pouch a guy out of an ACC, Pacers 12 or B12?  

I mean why not a Gene Chizik(has a title and is unc assistant head coach of defense) or Paul Chryst.  Or a good looking  coach stuck in a conference call  not named Sec or B1G.  

Can IU actually  hire a hr?  I'm sorry but if Manny Diaz is a hr then I quit for good.  No offense.  

45 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I guess my response didn't post, it flashed back to a sign in, then I reloaded and was back in business.   

Anyways.   I didn't see you explain why you thought he would be able to win here but couldn't at Miami in the acc.  And rhen why would that be a hr?  Pr?  I'm talking about results.  Question.   Can IU actually make a hr hire?  I just totally disagree that Diaz is anything  more than a guaranteed single or maybe a double.  Even if he did win at IU he'd be gone for the sec school not named Vandy.  

I have no idea if Diaz could win here.  All I am saying is that his resume is pretty dang good.

People pining for DeBoer are not be realistic at all. He doesn't have much of a connection to Indiana and has been at two schools in three years. He's not leaving for a third job within a few years, especially for a program like IU. Now if a top ten blue blood offered, he'd leave and probably will. He's having a hell of a first season at UW. But he's not leaving to come back to IU.  But like I mentioned previously, I wouldn't care who the hire was as long as it got some real attention. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Chris Petersen had Boise State as a perennial power and had some good Washington teams. Won the Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year award. Been out of coaching since 2019.

He's a West Coast guy, but might be willing to relocate to get back in the game.

I think the concern with guys like this is recruiting.  Whomever the coach is, needs to have midwest, GA and FL connections. If not, they will be dead in the water. The one thing CTA has done pretty well is recruit FL. The south isn't super far, the west is. 

Edited by OGIUAndy

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Chris Petersen had Boise State as a perennial power and had some good Washington teams. Won the Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year award. Been out of coaching since 2019.

He's a West Coast guy, but might be willing to relocate to get back in the game.

Be a good get if he would want to come here.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, landrus13 said:

Bob Stoops, anyone??

Running with this one... he's exactly the type of coach I was alluding to in one of my earlier posts in this thread. He is proven with tremendous success, and possibly still itching to coach a little bit more. 

If he were to come to a place like IU, it would very much look and feel like Mack Brown and his second phase with UNC.

There's no doubt that wherever a guy like Stoops would go (in college) he will be able to pull legit assistants and therefore highly-regarded players.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Running with this one... he's exactly the type of coach I was alluding to in one of my earlier posts in this thread. He is proven with tremendous success, and possibly still itching to coach a little bit more. 

If he were to come to a place like IU, it would very much look and feel like Mack Brown and his second phase with UNC.

There's no doubt that wherever a guy like Stoops would go (in college) he will be able to pull legit assistants and therefore highly-regarded players.

Well dang it, let's get him.  How much is this going to cost me?  

Checks ticket numbers... realizes winning ticket was bought in California.   

Dang it,  never been to California.   Who's paying?  Shoots Mrs. Cook a text. 

5 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Well dang it, let's get him.  How much is this going to cost me?  

Checks ticket numbers... realizes winning ticket was bought in California.   

Dang it,  never been to California.   Who's paying?  Shoots Mrs. Cook a text. 

I've never been to California either.  I would love to see the redwood and sequoia forrests. No way in hell I'm giving them bastards a dime of my money.  

5 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Mack brown is a perfect example.  One of my all time favorites.

Seems weird there hasn't been any murmuring coming from inside the "locker room" etc. We used to hear rumors quite a bit ie McCullough and Hiller etc. but now, not so much. I would love to be a fly on the wall within the corridors of Memorial Stadium...a real sense of what is going on, what players, coaches and the administration is thinking. The only thing we've heard is CTA is going hard after transfers. What happen to our (and other boards) insiders? I don't believe they will fire CTA (this year), but when things were going south last year there seemed to be a lot more chatter. I wonder why? Just complete lack of interest, so why bother even repeating what is being talked about? Maybe the optimism on the BB side (both men and women) is enough "cover" for now. It just seems curious, especially in this day and age, we haven't heard more rumblings or rumors. 

Edited by OGIUAndy

7 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Seems weird there hasn't been any murmuring coming from inside the "locker room" etc. We used to hear rumors quite a bit ie McCullough and Hiller etc. but now, not so much. I would love to be a fly on the wall within the corridors of Memorial Stadium...a real sense of what is going on, what players, coaches and the administration is thinking. The only thing we've heard is CTA is going hard after transfers. What happen to our (and other boards) insiders? I don't believe they will fire CTA (this year), but when things were going south last year there seemed to be a lot more chatter. I wonder why? Just complete lack of interest, so why bother even repeating what is being talked about? Maybe the optimism on the BB side (both men and women) is enough "cover" for now. It just seems curious, especially in this day and age, we haven't heard more rumblings or rumors. 

Maybe you missed it but the big rumor the beginning of the week was that CTA is having some health issues.  Guess it was a rumor from the other board.