For all spouting for new coach.

jojo123

Posted on TOB:

I’ve heard some talk that CTA might talk to the administration about a negotiated buyout much lower than the 25 million due to some health reasons. Heart problems run in the Allen family and this season has not been good for Allen. Not sure if it's true or not but I did hear that at the end of last week.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Posted on TOB:

I’ve heard some talk that CTA might talk to the administration about a negotiated buyout much lower than the 25 million due to some health reasons. Heart problems run in the Allen family and this season has not been good for Allen. Not sure if it's true or not but I did hear that at the end of last week.

Hate to hear that about the health( if true).  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I could actually see him doing that to come back and be the DC at USF, depending upon who they hire as head coach. I think he’d be a lot happier with a lot less stress 

How about he comes back to IU as DC under Hugh Freeze or another offensive minded head coach with experience?  Relieve some pressure, and do what he loves. We'll be paying him anyway, and he seems very likeable.  There's a slim to none chance of probability,  but fun to ponder. I just wonder if he might be cut out more for DC from a personality standpoint. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 12:58 PM, OGIUAndy said:

Posted on TOB:

wow.....

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

Allen’s next job won’t be as a head coach after the past two seasons. It should be obvious to most now that DeBoer and Wommack were keys to the success that IU had.

Deion is intriguing for USF, if he wants to move up. I don’t see openings at FSU, FL, Miami or UCF in the near future 

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Confused 1

On 11/7/2022 at 5:51 PM, Hoosierinbham said:

How about he comes back to IU as DC under Hugh Freeze or another offensive minded head coach with experience?  Relieve some pressure, and do what he loves. We'll be paying him anyway, and he seems very likeable.  There's a slim to none chance of probability,  but fun to ponder. I just wonder if he might be cut out more for DC from a personality standpoint. 

Hugh Freeze would be here for about..... 6 months.  

• Haha 1

Honest, yet hypothetical, question(s):

If IU could wave a magic wand and get any coach tomorrow (Saban, Dabo, Riley, whoever), would that hire alone transform the fortunes of the program and make us a perennial contender?

-If yes, how long would the process realistically take?

-If not, what else would need to be done? (Change in facilities? Conference realignment?)