Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks guys! Just was honestly expecting some more when I watched. The records he broke and the guys he has records with from this state I didn't expect him to be taking this much of a backseat. I mean he shares records with guys like Eric Gordon. I'm not saying this in any disrespectful way at all.....but is maybe the smaller stage at Purdue just so much more suited for a kid like him which is why he chose them? 

I just think he liked Painter better tbh. His personality doesn’t seem to jive with the “fish bowl” that Rabjohns mentioned about playing for IU but at the end of the day, I think he just felt comfortable with Painter and that was the deciding factor. 

• Like 2

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Here's the problem in my eyes. Just like Kofi. Big 10 lets you get away with that all year and all of a sudden in the 2nd round of tourney Edey is out with 3 fouls 10 minutes into the game and your season is down the tubes.

That’s why B1G officiating needs to be so much better. The inconsistency is maddening. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It’s a flipping nerd with no credibility arguing for airborne shooter treatment on a rebound.

Agree.  I trust the opinions of Indiana fans ahead of this guy trying to impress his 200 Twitter followers.  But here is the expert our Purdue guests have chosen to argue their case:

"Purdue Food Science 2018. "All American" Marching Band B1G Flags; GABS, Box Band; Former Basketball Official; B1G Sports, Fair Maps, Election Twitter, +Sarcasm"

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Haas was literally knocked out of the NCAA tournament due to a hook and hold scenario lol. Refs call the original foul and it ends there. 

Yeah, players have never continued fighting for the ball after the whistle.

The only thing we know is Edey made a dirty play and could have injured someone. Anything beyond that is speculation. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's the problem in my eyes. Just like Kofi. Big 10 lets you get away with that all year and all of a sudden in the 2nd round of tourney Edey is out with 3 fouls 10 minutes into the game and your season is down the tubes.

32 was out of position for the rebound, and Edey came down with it clean.  32 was sticking his arm in where he had no play for the ball.  Almost like trying to knock the ball loose from behind with a swipe motion.  If he gets caught up with the opponent, it's on him to get his arm out of there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Her name was Bessie

True story. 

When I was but a young lad, my parents took us out to eat with a couple from our church.  The husband's name was Joe and the lady's name was 'Bessie'.  The very young waitress came over and introduced herself.  I don't remember what her name was, but for the sake of the story let's call her 'Susie'.

Anyway later in the meal, Joe called the waitress (Susie) over to ask her a question.  She answered and Joe thanks her, and then says "I'm sorry, but I forgot your name.  Was it Bessie?"  To which Susie scrunches her face up and replies, "Ooh, no! That sounds like a cow's name."   Of course, Joe's wife, Bessie, was sitting right there at the table.

I somehow held back the urge to burst out laughing.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

True story. 

When I was but a young lad, my parents took us out to eat with a couple from our church.  The husband's name was Joe and the lady's name was 'Bessie'.  The very young waitress came over and introduced herself.  I don't remember what her name was, but for the sake of the story let's call her 'Susie'.

Anyway later in the meal, Joe called the waitress (Susie) over to ask her a question.  She answered and Joe thanks her, and then says "I'm sorry, but I forgot your name.  Was it Bessie?"  To which Susie scrunches her face up and replies, "Ooh, no! That sounds like a cow's name."   Of course, Joe's wife, Bessie, was sitting right there at the table.

I somehow held back the urge to burst out laughing.  

I love stories like that...

My wife's oldest brother was married to a woman whose brothers were named Tom, Dick, and Harry... No kidding...

Dick was married to a woman named Peaches...

Every time someone would say "Dick and Peaches" my wife would elbow me in the ribs to stifle my laughter... 

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Trash take. It’s a flipping nerd with no credibility arguing for airborne shooter treatment on a rebound.

Edey probably was fouled first in the arm, not the body like the nerd says, and then Edey proceeded to commit a flagrant. If Edey tore his rotator cuff like that if the roles were reversed, Purdue fans would cry about it for 15 years like Hummel. 

I agree with you 100%!
it was a dangerous move by Edey 

Glad 22 wasn’t injured 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

The way to get Edey out is to go at him and put your knee in his chest, foul him out. Create the contact.

Edited by Indykev