Wisconsin Game Thread

Inequality

I feel like overall IU played much better than Wisconsin this half.

Defense was much better, and we had much better open looks that we just couldn't hit.

Of course, officials were good for about four points in Wisconsin's favor, too.

Let's keep it up in the second half and hit some of those shots.

• Like 1

Loved the effort, need to stop rushing shots.

The refs are absolute trash. Major calls that hurt us:

• No tech on the obvious flop on a Wisconsin three. If he didn't flo they'd have call a foul on us, so the refs know it was a flop
  • Flagrant 1 when Wisconsin player pivoted 17 times and elbowed Geronimo in the face. That's textbook.
  • TJD getting hip checked at the end of the half, right after a very light foul call on him on the other end. 
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

That was some ugly basketball by both teams. Nice to see the defensive effort but our offense is so dreadful. TJD misses so many shots within in 5 feet of the basket and it seems he just throws the ball up to the rim instead of shooting it with some touch.

Well he is injured and he is getting the shit fouled out of him.

• Like 1

Jordan Geronimo was fantastic that half. This energy and effort is how he needs to play all the time. 

Beyond him just not having the skills, this is why I never liked the talk that he was a wing. He spent all offseason trying to prove he was a wing, he came in more focused on getting 3's up instead of focusing on his role. 

His role is an energy, effort, scrappy, athletic 4 that instigates and makes the opponents lives miserable by hustling on both ends.  That was always his role. He's excellent in that role. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Jordan Geronimo was fantastic that half. This energy and effort is how he needs to play all the time. 

Beyond him just not having the skills, this is why I never liked the talk that he was a wing. He spent all offseason trying to prove he was a wing, he came in more focused on getting 3's up instead of focusing on his role. 

His role is an energy, effort, scrappy, athletic 4 that instigates and makes the opponents lives miserable by hustling on both ends.  That was always his role. He's excellent in that role. 

Jordan can make a living cleaning up TJD's misses.

• Like 1

Just now, BGleas said:

Exactly... Forget being a 3 point shooter, and get the offensive boards, play D... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agreed, but I bet he shoots at least 2 threes in the 2nd half.