Tickets for the Feb 18 game

13 hours ago, Jwagner1 said:

My wife and I have been making the way to the best college basketball arena's. So far we have done Duke, Kansas, and Butler. We are coming for Indiana on 2/18. Does anyone have any tickets they know of that we could purchase?   Thank you

Keep an eye on this board as the Illinois game gets closer.  Better yet, post that you are looking for tickets.  Just make sure to read the forum posting policy before you post and follow the simple rules.  Best of luck and Go Hoosiers!!!!!

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/board/ticket-exchange-bb-106112/

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 9:32 AM, eddy4iu said:

Keep an eye on this board as the Illinois game gets closer.  Better yet, post that you are looking for tickets.  Just make sure to read the forum posting policy before you post and follow the simple rules.  Best of luck and Go Hoosiers!!!!!

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/board/ticket-exchange-bb-106112/

There's been a lot of scammers on that board apparently. That being said, I will be going to the Illinois game, so if anyone has any spare tickets between now and the day before, let me know, and by spare I meant tickets you are willing to sell.  But for those looking for tickets, normally the day/night before, the prices become more reasonable. And if nothing else, more balcony tickets will definitely become available. 

Edited by OGIUAndy

11 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

There's been a lot of scammers on that board apparently. That being said, I will be going to the Illinois game, so if anyone has any spare tickets between now and the day before, let me know. But for those looking for tickets, normally the day/night before, the prices become more reasonable. And if nothing else, more balcony tickets will definitely become available. 

I have moderated the Peegs Ticket Exchange Forum for 20+ years and am personally sickened by the very recent spate of scammers trying to take advantage of folks posting their desire to buy IU basketball tickets. Until this year there were no reported cases of scamming and there have been only a few reported cases this season that may well be the work of one or two scammers. Even so, I understand the hesitancy to trust anyone who, as a purported seller of tickets, reaches out to those who have posted their desire to buy tickets. Unfortunately it pretty much boils down to only trusting buyers and sellers who are members of the site and vigorously vetting anyone selling who is not a member. There is no way to keep unscrupulous folks from viewing the ticket forum and trying to pick off unsuspecting buyers. Make the seller prove to you that they are legitimate by any means necessary or cut bait - don’t worry about hurting feelings. 
Read here for more info on the reported scammers…..

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/board/106112/Contents/update-2723-be-wary-of-scammers-using-the-forum-198975527/?page=1

Edited by eddy4iu
  • Thanks 1

On 2/7/2023 at 1:03 PM, OGIUAndy said:

There's been a lot of scammers on that board apparently. That being said, I will be going to the Illinois game, so if anyone has any spare tickets between now and the day before, let me know, and by spare I meant tickets you are willing to sell.  But for those looking for tickets, normally the day/night before, the prices become more reasonable. And if nothing else, more balcony tickets will definitely become available. 

I did want to follow up that people selling tickets on an "IU" forum *(you know, IU fans) for $1000 each or $750 for a pair doesn't really jive with the spirit of the board. I semi get the PU game, but still. Used to be people would be like "I can't make the game who's interested..." Now it's "I buy the tickets so that I can resell them 5 times their value." Just my two cents.

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1