Illinois Game Thread

Inequality

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

What's going to make me mad is that Illinois is going to start fouling, so by the end the free throws will be equal and people will try and argue the fouls weren't a problem. 

It's absolutely absurd that Illinois has only been called for 7 fouls. 

Yup. This has been extremely one sided with the calls. As I type this TJD gets fouled on the dunk and no call. Ridiculous.

Edited by Kdug
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't have a problem with them calling that on Geronimo, but how is that different than what Illinois is doing every single possession? 

It was..but dang these officials have done everything they can to keep UI in the game. FS1 must be paying them a bundle to keep people tuned in.

1 minute ago, Euroclydon said:

The press working again. Wrong guys in the wrong spots. Not ready to attack. Not understanding the D, even if beat, will be trailing. If CMW doesn't prioritize this it will be their doom the rest of the season. 

Frankly, none of the guards not named Xavier are great ballhandlers. 

I mean I don't love how we've looked, but they've cut the lead by four points in the time they've been pressing. And that is without Illinois being called for a foul the entire time they've been pressing which is.... not likely.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I mean I don't love how we've looked, but they've cut the lead by four points in the time they've been pressing. And that is without Illinois being called for a foul the entire time they've been pressing which is.... not likely.

My issue is we’ve seen it literally every game since X got hurt and we still don’t know how to break it…very sad.

I’m not complaining about it, but can anyone explain why Underwood didn’t start doubling TJD after the first 5 minutes of the game? Other teams have been very successful with that strategy, so I’m not sure why Illinois hasn’t gone to that yet.

Hey appreciate all the shout outs! 🤣

Thorough butt kicking, congrats on that. Woodson made Brad look like a rookie tonight. Said I was worried about Dainja finally facing a really good big and well....Brad just kind of hung him out to dry. TJD is so glad to see someone other than Kofi out there. Reminds me of that fateful Loyola loss, just not going to try anything else?

Why did I decide to try the Dry January? Bad move.... 😂

• Thanks 2