Illinois II Pregame Thread

IUFLA

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Shoot Trayce could have 15 assists if he wants.

I started to see this come to fruition against NW. He has the ability to see the open man and pass into their shooting pocket. It's hard to believe we could ask more of TJD but if the shooters can find of way to rotate correctly when TJD is double teamed I believe he will find them. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

That is a huge blow for UI but our players can't think that way.

We were winning by 20 anyway. Now we just make it 30. As a reminder to all our fans....we've been down 2-3 guys all season long. Don't feel bad (besides for the kid) one bit. Let other teams fans deal with injuries like we have and see what they got. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

We were winning by 20 anyway. Now we just make it 30. As a reminder to all our fans....we've been down 2-3 guys all season long. Don't feel bad (besides for the kid) one bit. Let other teams fans deal with injuries like we have and see what they got. 

Really, really want a blow out to let some guys rest. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

It is a huge blow…..He scored 26 pts against us last time game @ Illinois. He’s the team’s leading scorer and averaging 17 ppg.

I'm curious when it happened and if it was just a typical Big 10 ref nothing to see here elbow to the head that caused the concussion? 

Don't know who will start for Shannon, but my guess is Rodgers...

High energy guy whose game is a little like Jordan Geronimo's. Effort/hustle plays and he's a good rebounder. Virtually no 3 point game and he's a very poor FT shooter (32%). Good defender, but at 6'6 Underwood tried him on Trayce a couple of times in our first meeting, and it was no contest... 

• Like 2

I think they try to run a lot of things through Dainja making Trayce work on the defensive end, and also try to get him in foul trouble. Dainja is tricky around the rim and has a soft touch... Between him, Hawkins, and Mayer they're going to have to account for Shannon's offensive output... 

17 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Don't know who will start for Shannon, but my guess is Rodgers...

High energy guy whose game is a little like Jordan Geronimo's. Effort/hustle plays and he's a good rebounder. Virtually no 3 point game and he's a very poor FT shooter (32%). Good defender, but at 6'6 Underwood tried him on Trayce a couple of times in our first meeting, and it was no contest... 

Was thinking and texting with some Illini friends last night and this morning. I honestly believe the best defense against TJD is kind of what you said. Take the ball right at him and pray he gets in foul trouble....from an Illini perspective.

I don't see us having much trouble but time will tell. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Was thinking and texting with some Illini friends last night and this morning. I honestly believe the best defense against TJD is kind of what you said. Take the ball right at him and pray he gets in foul trouble. 

Dainja has that wide body, but he's pretty nimble... If he ever really got in shape, I think he'd be an excellent player... 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Borderline must win between the NW loss and the two road games following this. We play well at home and we spanked them on the road already, so no reason to think we can't win, but I do think Illinois is also going to be playing with their hair on fire.

I wonder what type of video we will release before the game since it's such a big rivalry? 

Video or coach underwear signing his contract while the AD says "...each time you beat IU, there's a $15,000 bonus."