Thank You TJD

KDB

I’ve watched in awe all the amazing things he’s done and I still don’t think it’s hit me just how special of a player he is. 

His dominance made the extraordinary look routine. I feel his personal IU legacy will age like a fine wine, and I’ll appreciate him more and more as time passes. 

He deserves all the flowers.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Trayce is definitely in the Parthenon of all time IU greats...Thank you, Trayce, for a great 4 years...

I wish you much luck at the next level and whatever else you do in your life...Good things come to good people...

Silver lining? I think all these complaining, fun sucking fans don’t realize just how important of a recruiting advocate TJD has been and still will be for IU! TJD improved dramatically in one extra year under Coach Woodson. 

• Like 2

Trayce will be considered one of the all-time greats at IU and rightfully so. The way he played and how he conducted himself was more than could be expected. Much appreciation for his time and effort at IU.

I will always wonder what might have been if he had developed a jump shot during his career.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

Silver lining? I think all these complaining, fun sucking fans don’t realize just how important of a recruiting advocate TJD has been and still will be for IU! TJD improved dramatically in one extra year under Coach Woodson. 

He even said that basically in the post game presser...

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

His improvement as a ball handler this year was stunning 

• Like 5

Nothing but respect to TJD.  He made significant improvement every season he played - something we've not seen from our team in recent years.  Probably maxed out his development as a CBB player.  Hopefully he can carve out a role at the next level and continue to be a great representative of the program.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Nothing but respect to TJD.  He made significant improvement every season he played - something we've not seen from our team in recent years.  Probably maxed out his development as a CBB player.  Hopefully he can carve out a role at the next level and continue to be a great representative of the program.

Great player but I cannot say he maxed out. The lack of a jump shot, even a FT length jumper, over four seasons is a mystery that may never be solved. 

53 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Great player but I cannot say he maxed out. The lack of a jump shot, even a FT length jumper, over four seasons is a mystery that may never be solved. 

A jumper would be great but he was forced to play in the lane for this team.  A jump shot will be essential for his NBA aspirations I'd imagine.

I'm really going to miss seeing TJD in an IU jersey. There is now way I thought we would get 4 years of him. It would've been great if he'd had coach Woodson and a better roster all 4 years, but he handled everything with such amazing class. He raised our status on and off the court again. Best wishes on a bright future!

• Like 5

TJD = Legend. The team accolades were not what we hoped, but he did all he could. He'll be one of my favorites along with Zeke, Edwards, Cheaney, Henderson, Yogi. All time great and should never be considered anything less. I really, really, really wanted the sweet 16 for him.

• Like 6