2024 Class Rankings and Discussion

KDB

16 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Wasn't sure where to throw this one in at but CG QB and Duke commit Tyler Cherry visiting with our staff tonight. As someone who watched Manny Diaz coach QB's closely at Miami I understand why the kid might want to reconsider.

Quick update on this one. We also offered Tyler Cherry's younger brother Kobe a scholarship yesterday. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm just assuming brother given the size. Yep on baseball where he seems more highly regarded.

I would be shocked if he doesn't play baseball in college, at least. 100% could play both. 

At least to start. 

Too many examples of kids making that work. No chance Mercer+Cignetti wouldn't make that work. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As IU has continued to stack transfer commitments - here's their current rankings per 247:

National (overall): 41st

B1G (overall): 12th (18 teams after expansion)

National (transfer): 10th

B1G (transfer): 1st

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KDB said:

As IU has continued to stack transfer commitments - here's their current rankings per 247:

National (overall): 41st

B1G (overall): 12th (18 teams after expansion)

National (transfer): 10th

B1G (transfer): 1st

I would expect about this moving forward. Not going to win many high level high schoolers, but we can snag up the non P5 kids wanting to move up and the lower to mid P5 kids wanting playing time. This would obviously fluctuate depending on the level of success.

• Like 2