Transfers with IU Interest

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I have a question about recruiting the portal and NIL. Guys like Ware and Love can coaches tell them what they can get on NIL it how does that work.

I was thinking this as well. Like does it only happen after they are there or can they offer it in the perks speech of coming to IU with incentives to earn more?

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

I fully trust Woodson on this stuff, so if he thinks he can maximize Caleb Love's talent then it would be a huge transfer portal win. 

With that said I mentioned yesterday that I have a bunch of buddies that are UNC fans. I saw one last night and asked him his thoughts on Love leaving UNC. 

He said, "I wanted to pop open a bottle of champagne when I saw the news!" He was literally giddy that Love was leaving. 

But....if he does figure out how to maximize Love's talent and he becomes a lottery pick, then what a huge sell for future recruits.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have a question about recruiting the portal and NIL. Guys like Ware and Love can coaches tell them what they can get on NIL it how does that work.

My understanding is that they can show what prior players have earned..of course that's when things get weird because some guys think they should be able to get more,etc.... 

I do know IU has a staff/dept that handles all of that. Woodson isn't a NIL guy....but he knows it's there. The one guy I know who did a thing with Tamar and TJD called and he was directed how to do it. Was pretty smooth honestly. 

Not sure if that answers your question. I will say this. Coach Woodson knows IU is in good shape with NIL but he isn't about advertising that. He's about hoops and an education at his core. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I say take four in the portal and sign Doubty from BD and red shirt him. 

Transfers 

Sparks, Ledlum, Sedrick, Love 

Starters 

XJ 

Love 

Banks 

Ledlum 

Reneau 

Bench 

Cupps 

Trey 

Newton 

Sparks 

Sedrick

Gunn 

Leal 

Doubty RS 

We have to be picky because we have to have a mix of grad transfers with 1 year remaining and ones that will have multiple years due to the 24/25 classes. I think I’d love comes he’s coming to follow in JHS footsteps and is a one and done here. I’m not a fan of Love AT ALL but I trust Woody

My take on Love:

1. If the rumors (confirmed or unconfirmed whether you believe it or not by social media etc) about him hooking up with RJ Davis gf are true. That’s crappy. And the chemistry on UNC was trash this year. Poor body language and just overall sometimes love looked like he didn’t wanna be there    .

2.However the coaching was also and the offense was broken. They play hero ball and whether they are told to or no it’s so much 1 on 1 play and they kick out or force up at the rim. Watching some of the UNC games this year it was comical watching their offense. 

3. love has a TON of talent and would be our most talented guard on the team if he reigned it in and played under control with much better shot selection. 

I’d welcome if it it happened and hope Coach can make him grow up quick. But I think it’s high risk high reward. 

• Like 1

With the way the transfer portal can quickly swing things, I’m not much interested in players that need a whole lot of development. Guys can transfer in and quickly make an impact.

I didn’t like the transfer portal rules at first but it’s grown on me. It’s an easy quick way to reboot a broken squad or just fill a gap to stay elite between recruiting cycles. But at the same time it can be barbarous.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Just like JHS being one and done. Recruits see that. It only helps.

Developed into one and done... Not like other schools where a kid flounders in college but puts his name in the NBA draft based on his high school ranking...

Between Jalen and Trayce, I think Woody has earned some huge points in the development category with potential recruits... 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I just want to have 1 bullet left in the chamber headed into summer. I know we want to grab as much candy out of the pinata as possible but I like to have 1 for after the frenzy just in case. You never know with reclassification, etc..

Still holding out hope for a DQ reclass?

• Like 1