Transfers with IU Interest

2 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

They really do.

Seems like more NIL money to go around. I think Love would have helped, but I have a feeling we'll get our fair share in the next couple of weeks. Some folks are literally treating this like NFL or NBA free agency, as though all the good players have deal in place the first day. Seems to me the schools "interested" are simply those who have put in a phone call. I would hope the players visit the schools and the coaches. Keep in mind the one kid we have nabbed, came to campus.

And Ledlum is visiting this weekend. Suppose to be 60s-70s all weekend in Bloomington... get him to a baseball game, I'm sure there will be some scenery there. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Sorry, my mistake. I tried to merge the thread Hoosier30 made and move it over the thread on the recruiting board and completely screwed it up. 

Need a little help from @bluegrassIU @Inequality or another mod to see if we can undo this! They didn't cover "thread merging" in the mod training handbook 🤣

200w.gif.e6c9671a6f73f0564f0bbca579a1b8b3.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• BGleas changed the title to Transfer with IU Interest
  • BGleas changed the title to Transfers with IU Interest

Ledlum has scheduled visits to Indiana and Tennessee. What's Tennessee offering that we don't have? 

Also, how would Woody use him in his new system? 6'6", not great 3 point percentage, true shooting percentage of 54% last season, excellent rebounder, feel like he would fit in well if we were playing a small ball. 

Just now, SawatchHoosier said:

Ledlum has scheduled visits to Indiana and Tennessee. What's Tennessee offering that we don't have? 

Also, how would Woody use him in his new system? 6'6", not great 3 point percentage, true shooting percentage of 54% last season, excellent rebounder, feel like he would fit in well if we were playing a small ball. 

Tennessee is offering nothing that we don't. Is he 100% confirmed he's visiting UT? Or was that just floated that he'd like to? 

Tennessee is still a very good option for Ledlum. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Tennessee is offering nothing that we don't. Is he 100% confirmed he's visiting UT? Or was that just floated that he'd like to? 

Tennessee is still a very good option for Ledlum. 

I was basing the Tennessee visit on this information but I have no idea how good the information is...https://247sports.com/Article/Harvard-basketball-transfer-forward-Chris-Ledlum-schedules-visit-with-Tennessee-Vols-Basketball-207667916/

50 minutes ago, spe317 said:

Listen, I’m trying not to panic but we haven’t won a game in over 2 weeks. Last year we went more than 6 months. 

Ya’ll need to slow down! I think it was Kansas State that only had two players as of July! They made the elite 8. We can’t be signing players just to fill a roster!!!

I mean is the coaching carousel even over?

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

They really do.

Seems like more NIL money to go around. I think Love would have helped, but I have a feeling we'll get our fair share in the next couple of weeks. Some folks are literally treating this like NFL or NBA free agency, as though all the good players have deal in place the first day. Seems to me the schools "interested" are simply those who have put in a phone call. I would hope the players visit the schools and the coaches. Keep in mind the one kid we have nabbed, came to campus.

I am not panicking but just want to comment on the bolded.  The kid we nabbed would have been like offering me a scholarship when I was 19 or 20. 

"Hey IUCrazy2, this is Bob Knight"

"Yes."

"Yes what son?"

"To whatever you are about to ask me coach."

I get the impression that Sparks just got his dream offer.  We didn't have to have that guy visit, he was ours the minute Woody said, "Hey son, how would you like to pla-"  "Yes, yes, yes, yes."

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I am not panicking but just want to comment on the bolded.  The kid we nabbed would have been like offering me a scholarship when I was 19 or 20. 

"Yes."

"Yes what son?"

I get the impression that Sparks just got his dream offer.  We didn't have to have that guy visit, he was ours the minute Woody said, "Hey son, how would you like to pla-"  "Yes, yes, yes, yes."

dont understand why this is a bad thing....?

27 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

"Yes."

"Yes what son?"

From what I have heard from people who know him personally who I work with, there was more to it than that, unless they are feeding me stuff that wasn’t true. But yeah wanting to go to IU because it’s IU was a big part. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

From what I have heard from people who know him personally who I work with, there was more to it than that, unless they are feeding me stuff that wasn’t true. But yeah wanting to go to IU because it’s IU was a big part. 

just curious.. like what?