Transfers with IU Interest

3 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I've no idea. But where is the joke in that? As to being "fair"... Dude, this is IU off season. Tis the season for speculation, conjecture, hand ringing and comedy. That fair? :) 

Fair enough, didn't mean to single you out, was just honestly curious if I missed an interview.

10 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

Fair enough, didn't mean to single you out, was just honestly curious if I missed an interview.

Nah, it's a legit question, but I honestly have no idea. I will read some tea leaves though.

His recruitment has been very cerebral, controlled and "close to the vest" as they say. If the kid has that level of control over this level of crazy, I would think that anyone should be dang happy to have that level of maturity and control over his surroundings.

That's exec level management and composure. I like it for the age group alone, If he ends up IU I like it even more. He knows exactly who's driving the boat and he is not merely a passenger doing what he's told. Or so it seems.   

Edited by Joe_Hoopsier
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Nah, it's a legit question, but I honestly have no idea. I will read some tea leaves though.

His recruitment has been very cerebral, controlled and "close to the vest" as they say. If the kid has that level of control over this level of crazy, I would think that anyone should be dang happy to have that level of maturity and control over his surroundings.

That's exec level management and composure. I like it for the age group alone, If he ends up IU I like it even more. He knows exactly who's driving the boat and he is not merely a passenger doing what he's told. Or so it seems.   

I'd agree it shows both intelligence and maturity.  You know these kids have to hate the obligatory interviews after each visit, especially for schools coming in 2nd or 3rd.  Smart on his part to say "I won't be doing any post-visit interviews."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'd agree it shows both intelligence and maturity.  You know these kids have to hate the obligatory interviews after each visit, especially for schools coming in 2nd or 3rd.  Smart on his part to say "I won't be doing any post-visit interviews."

I agree. But if someone from the IU media had asked and gotten the same response, this board would have had an epic meltdown 

• Haha 1

Didn't we have very little warning when Miller Kopp was added to the roster?  

I know a lot of times the early bird gets the worm but the fact that we're really only positive about one guy tells me that we know some things going on underneath the surface that aren't public yet.  Also if I was a kid I would wait until my semester was over.  Portal doesn't close until May 11th and there's guys who have declared for the draft but left open the possibility to return by entering the portal as well.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

Indiana has to replace a total of 63.7 points per game it lost from the seven players on the 2022-23 squad who won’t be around when the ball tips in November.  That’s a ton of production, and it isn’t clear that they’ve got anyone who can become a high volume scorer, especially when it comes to the wing spots”

And now the fate of next season seems to ride on whether they can keep things rolling with two or three more quality additions out on the wing.”

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Didn't we have very little warning when Miller Kopp was added to the roster?  

I know a lot of times the early bird gets the worm but the fact that we're really only positive about one guy tells me that we know some things going on underneath the surface that aren't public yet.  Also if I was a kid I would wait until my semester was over.  Portal doesn't close until May 11th and there's guys who have declared for the draft but left open the possibility to return by entering the portal as well.  

I think this has more to it than we know. It sure has been eerily quiet the past week for IU. I have a feeling we will be all pleased and or pleasantly surprised this week. JMO

• Like 3