Transfers with IU Interest

4 hours ago, ledies22 said:

I like what you're doing and your optimism. I personally dont try to get too wrapped up in who is following who and what it means. A lot of these players (younger generation) they meet people and the first thing they do it follow them on social media. An unfollow is just as easy as a follow.

Regardless, i do believe this shows how our players are involved in the recruiting process, and how much they are selling IU.

Ok, by that logic, he didn’t meet anyone on Tenn or St J. visit?

it really doesn’t work that way honestly. Same for coaches too. They don’t just follow people they meet.

13 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

it really doesn’t work that way honestly. Same for coaches too. They don’t just follow people they meet.

Okay. By your logic.... i guess Ledlum will be playing for at least 3 teams next year. I sure do hope we get him the last 2 months of the season. 🤞

15 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

All he's saying is.. looking at followers/follows isn't a full proof way of knowing where they're going to commit. 

Now.. I do think, in the particular case it does matter... but again, its not full proof 

6 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Okay. By your logic.... i guess Ledlum will be playing for at least 3 teams next year. I sure do hope we get him the last 2 months of the season. 🤞

What? You said young kids follow everyone they meet. I see people say this a lot and it is not true. Just because he followed a couple doesn’t mean he is playing for all 3 teams smh. I know you are trying to be funny but a joke should at least make sense. 

it works other way too. For example, an assistant follows a player. They are interested. Then more assistants, the head coach, the team account etc follow them, that means they are higher priority.

this is a known thing in the recruting world and have first hand experience. 

Does him following all those players and coaches mean he is 100% IU… no. But it for sure means it is really, really likely. Especially since he didn’t add a bunch from this weekend right after like he did IU. 

Edited by Initial79

3 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

What? You said young kids follow everyone they meet. I see people say this a lot and it is not true. Just because he followed a couple doesn’t mean he is playing for all 3 teams smh. I know you are trying to be funny but a joke should at least make sense. 

it works other way too. For example, an assistant follows a player. They are interested. Then more assistants, the head coach, the team account etc follow them, that means they are higher priority.

Does him following all those players and coaches mean he is 100% IU… no. But it for sure means it is really, really likely. Especially since he didn’t add a bunch from this weekend right after like he did IU. 

I like how you took my original post and turned this into an argument. I'm not feeding into it. i will just roll my eyes and move on.

🙄🙄🙄

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

Haas……follow him and his Dr. 😬

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

I like how you took my original post and turned this into an argument. I'm not feeding into it. i will just roll my eyes and move on.

🙄🙄🙄

Look, honestly, I doesn’t matter but you did start it by telling the other guy - sorry, that is wrong, they follow everyone they meet. 

all I did was point it out to you that is not the case and instead of saying, “yeah, good point, I guess he didn’t follow their entire team and staff and I am sure he met them.” You came back with another - guess he is committing to all 3 teams. 

People are quick on here to assume arguments. Not arguing. Trying to educate as someone who has lots of experience with this. You don’t agree, no worries from me. Wasn’t “arguing” 🤷‍♂️🙄😂

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, Between2Halls said:

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Yes, and that is the exact time everyone started freaking out-- "omg we are getting DeLoach, Sparks, and Ware, how will we shoot, etc" 

Guys-- that was never going to happen. 

I thought he was out when we landed Sparks early. They are both high energy defensive guys with similar athletic and skills.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I thought he was out when we landed Sparks early. They are both high energy defensive guys with similar athletic and skills.

I'll speculate that's likely.  Sparks certainly appears to take the slot Deloach would fit into.  I'm wondering if Deloach didn't overestimate the demand for his services.

• Like 2

Hearing that a recruit had a good visit is like hearing that somebody's surgery went well; you rarely hear the opposite. 

But I wish he'd hurry up and commit. The way things typically break for IU recruiting, the rare occasions where we lead for a recruit have conditioned me to expect the recruit to start adding more schools. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I'll speculate that's likely.  Sparks certainly appears to take the slot Deloach would fit into.  I'm wondering if Deloach didn't overestimate the demand for his services.

Not saying he isn’t a fine player but he isn’t exactly what teams are clambering for in the portal. Hustle, defense, rebounding…nice qualities but certainly not rare. This early on teams are going to hold out on their precious scholarships for the elite prospects and those with unique attributes to fill out a team. Everyone wants a kid like this in their back pocket in case they can’t get their first or second target…he is the fall back player…if he is wanting to hear he is going to be the receive more opportunity etc I doubt he is going to find it at the power 6 level.