Transfers with IU Interest

Just now, Hoosier4Life53 said:

True

I'll be real... I think we, as fans, are 100% making the XJ thing "a thing", and it's not really "a thing". 

He's coming back, we can stop worrying/discussing it. Just how I see it. 

***** I do NOT need a reply of "well, it's the NCAA blah blah blah" I'm fully aware how poorly ran the NCAA is... that doesn't mean they set precedent and not allow someone like XJ and his situation not to play. There is no data, no prior occurrences where that has taken place--- someone that is completely 100% qualified for a Med RS, not getting it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

IMO, I think what helped Ware's decision was immediate playing time/big minutes and filling the position left by TJD, as well as Woodson's NBA advise and influence. 

How's that different than Ledlum/Knecht? 

Knecht plays 35mpg and gets 12 shots+ per game if he comes here. 

I can buy the "we haven't shown our offense can feature a wing" reason or whatever you want to call it. I can for sure buy that as a reason Knecht wasn't interested. I just don't buy the XJ thing, jmo. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'll be real... I think we, as fans, are 100% making the XJ thing "a thing", and it's not really "a thing". 

He's coming back, we can stop worrying/discussing it. Just how I see it. 

***** I do NOT need a reply of "well, it's the NCAA blah blah blah" I'm fully aware how poorly ran the NCAA is... that doesn't mean they set precedent and not allow someone like XJ and his situation not to play. There is no data, no prior occurrences where that has taken place--- someone that is completely 100% qualified for a Med RS, not getting it. 

I'm not making it a thing at all, other's might. That's the reason for my first post. I just wonder how much a potential recruit/portal player may be thinking about our current pg situation. My posts are merely from the viewpoint of  backcourt players/shooters that we desperately need. 

All I can relate it to is in my travel softball coaching years. When we had a good pitching, we had no trouble picking up great players to fill other positions. I'm not trying to debate anything. I'm just putting a thought out there that some of these kids "may" be wondering how or pg's are going to perform next year. XJ was descent and had flashes of greatness before the broken foot. I don't doubt he will come back better than last year. Cupps, IMO has the potential to be an awesome pg at IU and I think will come in and prove it right away. Again, if JHS is still here, we most likely land Ledlum, Knetch or better. JMO, I'm done....lol

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Believe what you want but those are the facts. 

Those are the facts that you know, yes. If you think you are privy to all the information that the staff/compliance office has on the situation, I mean... cmon. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I'm not making it a thing at all, other's might. That's the reason for my first post. I just wonder how much a potential recruit/portal player may be thinking about our current pg situation. My posts are merely from the viewpoint of  backcourt players/shooters that we desperately need. 

All I can relate it to is in my travel softball coaching years. When we had a good pitching, we had no trouble picking up great players to fill other positions. I'm not trying to debate anything. I'm just putting a thought out there that some of these kids "may" be wondering how or pg's are going to perform next year. XJ was descent and had flashes of greatness before the broken foot. I don't doubt he will come back better than last year. Cupps, IMO has the potential to be an awesome pg at IU and I think will come in and prove it right away. Again, if JHS is still here, we most likely land Ledlum, Knetch or better. JMO, I'm done....lol

But, we are going to have XJ, so why would we most likely land them if we had JHS, but not XJ? 

There was a great point thrown in there by btownqb and lost. The primary Tenn PG has a recent ACL. There is zero idea at this time how he will perform and if he will be back next season at all. Trying to throw XJ broken foot, waiver etc. as an issue when they are at best equal grey situations.  It wasn’t a factor. 

nobody likes my assessment of why. That is fine. But we keep searching for other reasons because we want to believe IU is IU. It can and will be again, just not the choice for certain guys. We can argue all we want about how it makes no sense, why choose a school like that, etc. 

feel like this is derailing the thread again and but haven’t seen the “got back on topic” yet. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Initial79 said:

This has been theorized among a few “insiders” that Woody was not happy with how the Ware visit went and all the drama that night on Twitter. Someone said his family didn’t like that much. This then had X go to Twitter and tell people to back off. 

Could be that it is quiet because staff has been told to stop talking. Rabby even made a comment on a a podcast about Ledlum that made it seem like he was struggling to get info. 

Lastly, you sure don’t talk about players you are trying to convince into the portal.

just some thoughts. 

No, they told me a couple of things i'm not going to put out here. So this theory, along with everything else this portal season thats be said and written in wrong.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

As a member of the IU staff, maybe Adam Howard should stop the cryptic tweets. 

And if players are leaking they should get their ass handed to them. Let recruits control their own narrative. If fans have to wait an extra 24 hours to hear some big news, then so be it. While it may not necessarily be steering recruits away, it’s just a crappy thing to do.

Adam Howard wasn't wrong. I took a different road into Btown the other night and I still got there. So all roads do lead to Btown.  :coffee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6