Transfers with IU Interest

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm not trying to be rude, but this gave me nothing. 

Because if I go into all the details, I will have to deal with the likes of the grand know it alls like Zion. Done with being laughed at for trying to share legit information and from people who have no idea how this works now. Came to this forum to share as a fan and is work at this point.  

if he bites, he bites but they are making a full court press when many assume he is a lock for Illinois.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Initial79 said:

Because if I go into all the details, I will have to deal with the likes of the grand know it alls like Zion. Done with being laughed at for trying to share legit information and from people who have no idea how this works now. Came to this forum to share as a fan and is work at this point.  

if he bites, he bites but they are making a full court press when many assume he is a lock for Illinois.

Again, I don't mean this to be rude... who cares what others think? You've made it work on yourself trying to convince others. 

I haven't had an issue with anything you've brought here, but that doesn't mean I take what you say as the gospel and some of your thoughts on the social media were exactly right, some not so much. And that is perfectly fine... I just got burned the other day with the Kanon info. It's really ok. 

And this whole time I thought we were talking about Dingle, but were were talking about Dennis lol 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Initial79 said:

Funny thing to me is we won’t have room for all these guys when so many were flipping just a week ago and how Woody ruined portal season with his knee surgery. 

some need to let go of the trauma for Archie and believe in this staff more. 

week ago...? Try yesterday morning. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

I hear you man but it just never ends. Supposed to be fun and common excitement among fans.  It is hard to ignore people speaking to things that I know I am right about and have been personally involved in with recruiting. 

Dingle - yes, they knew and waited. Reached out fast once he entered. They have more like that. NBA draft guys too.

Dennis - yes, fully believe we will see visit soon. Now, what does he want? Can’t pay them all. He has an NIL agent. That agent is a personal high school/college buddy. 

Mgbako - that whole thing changed. Feel anyone can deduce that. He was Duke, then rumored to Rutgers heavily, St John’s, etc. now he is visiting Louisville, IU and Kansas seemingly out of nowhere 3 adidas schools. Those initial rumored schools are out. Yes, I expected something was coming late Tuesday and dropped that here. Would have to type a book on why. 

Walker was already “committed” before we even heard of the visit. at least that was his plan and confident he knows his role or we wouldn’t have had him come.

lastly, don’t feel burned on Kanon. I still fully believe he will be opening up recruitment if everything comes together and it will be IU. 

There won't be any spots left for Kanon.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Indykev said:

There won't be any spots left for Kanon.

Possible… and this is where is gets fun. If he really only wanted to re-class we now have the ability to put pressure on people to decide. 

but if he wants to stay 2024 and get a shoe deal, then it would still be IU. He isn’t getting that at Purdue 

we will see but again, I think the amount of talent options should make many relax but I know some won’t until ink is dry. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

I hear you man but it just never ends. Supposed to be fun and common excitement among fans.  It is hard to ignore people speaking to things that I know I am right about and have been personally involved in with recruiting. 

Dingle - yes, they knew and waited. Reached out fast once he entered. They have more like that. NBA draft guys too.

Dennis - yes, fully believe we will see visit soon. Now, what does he want? Can’t pay them all. He has an NIL agent. That agent is a personal high school/college buddy. 

Mgbako - that whole thing changed. Feel anyone can deduce that. He was Duke, then rumored to Rutgers heavily, St John’s, etc. now he is visiting Louisville, IU and Kansas seemingly out of nowhere 3 adidas schools. Those initial rumored schools are out. Yes, I expected something was coming late Tuesday and dropped that here. Would have to type a book on why. 

Walker was already “committed” before we even heard of the visit. at least that was his plan and confident he knows his role or we wouldn’t have had him come.

lastly, don’t feel burned on Kanon. I still fully believe he will be opening up recruitment if everything comes together and it will be IU. 

If I'm understanding what you're saying, Walker is locked in. That fills one of three spots.

Dingle, Dennis and Mgbako are next in line for the final two. Any insights on preferences from the staff and possible scheduling of visits?

17 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Not really, to me. He avged 10mpg on a F4 team. It is QUITE clear JG does not have that capability. 

It is debatable but what did it for me was watching his film. He does things JG could never do.

I also think the staff was fine with JG maybe staying for this exact role but he felt he could end up better. Might have miscalculated (that is purely my opinion fyi)

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Not really, to me. He avged 10mpg on a F4 team. It is QUITE clear JG does not have that capability. 

And Walker was the only upperclassmen over 6'7 on their roster. He should have found 10 mpg. It's interesting that Walker and Geronimo both came out of NH prep schools a year apart. Geronimo was a 4 star, ranked 105. Walker was a 3 star, ranked 228. Geronimo was projected to be an UFA at some point. Walker was projected to be a P5 starter. Neither have met expectations. 

Last season, Geronimo averaged 12.4 mpg, 4.2/2.4. Walker averaged 10.2 mpg, 2.8/1.2. 

As I said, Walker is 3" taller and hopefully would be a better defender who wouldn't make the mistakes that JG was prone to do. He would provide depth on the frontline that was lost with the JG transfer. 

29 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

If I'm understanding what you're saying, Walker is locked in. That fills one of three spots.

Dingle, Dennis and Mgbako are next in line for the final two. Any insights on preferences from the staff and possible scheduling of visits?

Yes, they have wanted another big since DeLoach and a few said we moved on after Ware. No, they still wanted him but he wanted more than they would sign up for. Minutes, money etc. Georgia gave him that even when his old coach at PSU wouldnt. Walker doesn’t want that. He knows what his role will be and came here planning to commit. 

I think the challenge on the other 3 and other potential options out there is it comes down to timing. For example, they may prefer Dingle and they were waiting for that but in meantime, they have went hard at Dennis. I think some of that choice will come down to money expectations. They know they have to play there but also know it is not possible to max out each guy. So, maybe you like one a little more but he wants less and you take him. If that makes sense. Some of that is purely my opinion while using different facts to connect those opinions. 

Mgbako is full go. They want him.

2 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

Yes, they have wanted another big since DeLoach and a few said we moved on after Ware. No, they still wanted him but he wanted more than they would sign up for. Minutes, money etc. Georgia gave him that even when his old coach at PSU wouldnt. Walker doesn’t want that. He knows what his role will be and came here planning to commit. 

I think the challenge on the other 3 and other potential options out there is it comes down to timing. For example, they may prefer Dingle and they were waiting for that but in meantime, they have went hard at Dennis. I think some of that choice will come down to money expectations. They know they have to play there but also know it is not possible to max out each guy. So, maybe you like one a little more but he wants less and you take him. If that makes sense. Some of that is purely my opinion while using different facts to connect those opinions. 

Mgbako is full go. They want him.

Currently following Mgbako in instagram are the following:

Ware, X, Trey, Adam Howard and Cupps. As well as Lenee Beaumont form the women's team.  

Edited by dwtaylor1055
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Still don't understand the fuss over Ledlum. Of course, I'd take him, but there are better wings out there. And I'm still not convinced he's a true wing that'd thrive with Malik and Ware on the court. And while Mgkabo is a hybrid wing/stretch 4 too, I'll take his upside every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Big if, but IF Woody could get Mgbako and Ware into the first round, we won't need to stress about recruiting as much any more. 

Exactly I'm willing to bet he was told he's going to be essentially 4th in the rotation of bigs playing more that small ball four guy with some versatility.   Or at least, he we believe Malik is going to be a legit 4 going forward.   Choice is yours.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Thanks 1