Way to early Bracketology

37 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

UConn is certainly overrated. Alabama and FAU seem criminally overrated, but at least they aren't all in on overrating Kentucky like they have been over the past decade.

(can we maybe fix the "to" to "too" in these two titles)

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

My uneducated guess without looking is that 6 may be the ceiling for the BIG this year based on early season results. That being said all pre conference analytics aside, IU has shown improvement in each game. My bet is IU is easily in the tournament come the end of season!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

My uneducated guess without looking is that 6 may be the ceiling for the BIG this year based on early season results. That being said all pre conference analytics aside, IU has shown improvement in each game. My bet is IU is easily in the tournament come the end of season!

man i hope so, but i wouldn't be willing to bet on it.  frustrating that this is where we are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

We’ll have a pretty good idea where we really stand in about a week from now - after Maryland, Michigan and Auburn.

Yep.  I wouldn't bet on IU making the tournament at this stage in the game, but I have a feeling they'll improve visibly throughout the season.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Yep.  I wouldn't bet on IU making the tournament at this stage in the game, but I have a feeling they'll improve visibly throughout the season.

Don’t have a choice but to get better right? ….. a few things we just can’t get worse at…. Rebounding, 3 pt D, 3 pt offense to name a few. 

Edited by kyhoosier29

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This is so bizarre. Lunardi has IU as a 12 seed and the automatic qualifier from the B1G. So apparently he's assuming that we won't have the resume for an at-large bid, but assumes we'll win the BTT.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/bracketology/ncaa-bracketology-2024-march-madness-men-field-predictions

I don't think he assumes that, I think he just uses whoever is the top of the conference currently for the AQ. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Lunardi now has IU as a 13 seed (based on being the B1G automatic qualifier) playing #4 seed KY. 

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/bracketology/ncaa-bracketology-2024-march-madness-men-field-predictions

He is also just giving the AQ to whoever leads the conference outright.

The translation is we would have to win the BTT to make the field based on our current resume. 

• Like 1