2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

17 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

That my friend is not a great sign, that Vernon dude on Twitter uses that before a recruit committing (hasn’t used it yet). And maybe has heard of a possible commitment.

or

Dickinson dropping another podcast 

It pains me to admit Ive become way too invested in this recruitment. But I actually feel much better about this after doing some digging:

-It seems the common denominator in terms of confidence from Kansas fans is this guy Mike Vernon. He’s objectively a giant d-bag desperate for clicks and attention (see his twitter profile pic if you don’t believe me). 

-He speaks in giant generalizations and positions himself where he can never be wrong. He was clearly wrong when he said he doesn’t think he would take the trip to Indiana. He even says “guessing with recruiting is a dangerous game” and then writes an article today saying “my best guess…I like where Kansas stands”. Yea no duh dude, you have a 50/50 chance as of today lol. I actually cringed when I read the part where he basically says I’ve never been wrong in recruiting but at some point will. Like I said earlier, he’s positioned himself where if he’s wrong he can say this is the first time it’s ever happened, and if he’s right, we’ll he can claim he knew all along. 

-I’ve yet to find any social media that Hunter and Mack are friends on. FWIW, Mack is friends with Elmarko Jackson on IG(current KU player). That makes me skeptical that Hunter knows anything, and would be very on brand for Hunter to jump at a chance to get more attention.

-I’ve dealt with Mike Vernon’s of the world. Projecting confidence and being the loudest person in the room doesn’t make you right, it just forces other to be a prisoner to your stupidity. All it would take is a guy like Rabby or The Daily Hoosier to just start posting positive cryptic tweets to make Kansas fans start to question their sources. 

A9EDC10F-6B3D-41B0-8686-08022D29E0DC.png

E1F95F5B-F0A2-4C2F-A8C4-BC79B830F1DF.png

8495B104-813E-47F4-BD2D-B3DB06578F30.png

B075C6EF-7F7D-44E4-A06B-1F7DE448E5DE.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IUskim said:

Supposedly a Kansas insider guy tweets that when a commit is about to happen. 

That guy is so far from an insider it is sick. He is a weird Kansas fan who charges people for his info. He is wrong all the time too. 

Just this past week the k-state assistant basically threatened to kick his ass for taking feet pics. No, not joking 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

That guy is so far from an insider it is sick. He is a weird Kansas fan who charges people for his info. He is wrong all the time too. 

Just this past week the k-state assistant basically threatened to kick his ass for taking feet pics. No, not joking 

Feet pics?

we sure thats not rex Ryans burner account?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

It pains me to admit Ive become way too invested in this recruitment. But I actually feel much better about this after doing some digging:

-It seems the common denominator in terms of confidence from Kansas fans is this guy Mike Vernon. He’s objectively a giant d-bag desperate for clicks and attention (see his twitter profile pic if you don’t believe me). 

-He speaks in giant generalizations and positions himself where he can never be wrong. He was clearly wrong when he said he doesn’t think he would take the trip to Indiana. He even says “guessing with recruiting is a dangerous game” and then writes an article today saying “my best guess…I like where Kansas stands”. Yea no duh dude, you have a 50/50 chance as of today lol. I actually cringed when I read the part where he basically says I’ve never been wrong in recruiting but at some point will. Like I said earlier, he’s positioned himself where if he’s wrong he can say this is the first time it’s ever happened, and if he’s right, we’ll he can claim he knew all along. 

-I’ve yet to find any social media that Hunter and Mack are friends on. FWIW, Mack is friends with Elmarko Jackson on IG(current KU player). That makes me skeptical that Hunter knows anything, and would be very on brand for Hunter to jump at a chance to get more attention.

-I’ve dealt with Mike Vernon’s of the world. Projecting confidence and being the loudest person in the room doesn’t make you right, it just forces other to be a prisoner to your stupidity. All it would take is a guy like Rabby or The Daily Hoosier to just start posting positive cryptic tweets to make Kansas fans start to question their sources. 

A9EDC10F-6B3D-41B0-8686-08022D29E0DC.png

E1F95F5B-F0A2-4C2F-A8C4-BC79B830F1DF.png

8495B104-813E-47F4-BD2D-B3DB06578F30.png

B075C6EF-7F7D-44E4-A06B-1F7DE448E5DE.jpeg

Didn’t see your post before my other reply, yes, that guy is a mess. He was wrong all last week on Hunter and MM but he just uses general excuses to reposition it and acts like he knew. He isn’t even good at it. Low- rent con artist who charges for his info.

Just last week on MM

- he committed on the visit

- won’t go to IU- commitment Wednesday announced 

- wants his own day, will now commit day after Dickinson

- didn’t commit but still won’t visit IU- Kansas full lock 

- he is only visiting IU because he handlers want to get more NiL out of Kansas 

Yes, you are 100% right- their entire fanbase believes they are good here because of him. It is crazy to watch. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KDB said:

After Slater tweeted his final 2 she liked a couple Kansas tweets and one a picture of Bill Self that said "He's coming" on it. May mean nothing but it's not super encouraging. The recent IU tweet she liked was after that Kansas account leaked the screenshot of her likes. IDK. Could all be irrelevant.

So I looked at this a little more. 

she never liked any of the Kansas visit pics. Liked a few of the IU ones. Then yes, 2 Kansas replies likes followed by another IU one today. If this was something, honestly, she might have been trying to “balance” things as she never liked any Kansas posts to date.’

also, and found this even more interesting, guess who she just very recently followed on Twitter - Carmelo 🤔

yes, none of this could mean anything but just as much positive IU stuff there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Initial79 said:

she never liked any of the Kansas visit pics. Liked a few of the IU ones. Then yes, 2 Kansas replies likes followed by another IU one today. If this was something, honestly, she might have been trying to “balance” things as she never liked any Kansas posts to date.’

also, and found this even more interesting, guess who she just very recently followed on Twitter - Carmelo 🤔

agree.  she is going through liking posts from both schools.  it would be a shame for either mom or dad to only like one schools comments/replies.  Thats a dead giveaway in my mind if they only were responding in some fashion to one school only.  Unless they wanted to royally make one school made and not have been truthful to the coaches which I think is highly unlikely.  

• Like 1

I think it is IU 55%/KU 45%.  No insider info here.  He visited Kansas, if he was absolutely blown away he would have committed but something was missing possibly or something was intriguing about IU to say the least to not cancel and attend the visit.  Enter IU visit.  He visits and then 48 hours later he cancels UL where probably his best connection in Nolan Smith is at(next would probably be Yasir from a relationship standpoint).

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I think it is IU 55%/KU 45%.  No insider info here.  He visited Kansas, if he was absolutely blown away he would have committed but something was missing possibly or something was intriguing about IU to say the least to not cancel and attend the visit.  Enter IU visit.  He visits and then 48 hours later he cancels UL where probably his best connection in Nolan Smith is at(next would probably be Yasir from a relationship standpoint).

....just observing and reading the Kansas board, extreme arrogance is the best term I can come up with. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Initial79 said:

I’d be shocked if Woody didn’t show him how he used Carmelo.   People (negative recruiters) might want to try to knock Woody on how he had used his 2-4 positions at IU but he’s got a ton of NBA coaching film on how he optimized guys.  At IU, Woody did what good coaches do, he played up the skill sets he had.  That should actually be a positive to a recruit because he should know that the coach will adapt to his skill sets! 

• Like 3

The thing with Kansas fans right now is that there isn't anything real that's come out. Slater is the only guy to listen to and yet they are believing some clown who's wrong about stuff all the time and wanted to fight a Kansas State assistant recently. He could of course choose Kansas but these Kansas fans are being arrogant when there is no real evidence to support their arrogance. 

• Like 4