2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

Just now, Drroogh said:

Maybe some people will get some work done today???

I don't know how we can....lol! I keep looking and praying for that first leak of positive IU info. The longer Slater keeps quiet the more I think this thing goes down to the wire. I really want to shut those arrogant KU fans up!

Chris Farley Bus GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I don't know how we can....lol! I keep looking and praying for that first leak of positive IU info. The longer Slater keeps quiet the more I think this thing goes down to the wire. I really want to shut those arrogant KU fans up!

I personally don't think anything will leak before Friday....

Having said that, nothing leaked officially with Ware but everyone just assumed IU and he ended up announcing before he was scheduled to. I somewhat think that might happen if he is going to Kansas - at some point human nature takes over and if everyone assumes you're going to Kansas and you are going to Kansas, you just say "yeah I'm going to Kansas".

Long way of saying, the longer the silence of actual info remains, the more I like it for us.Ā 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

You should see the UK posts. They switched the headline to MM will commit to Kansas on Friday.Ā 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

JHS now following MM on instagram

Have we considered that maybe this is literally just a recruiting tactic? Like the team asks guys to do this when possible? So far this hasnā€™t meant much in previous recruitments. I donā€™t think itā€™s a bad thing obviously, but Ledlum had a lot of people follow him. Guys are probably not under any obligation to do so, but it hasnā€™t been a indication of much, other than the obvious, IU is recruiting this player etc.Ā 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1

Just now, OGIUAndy said:

Have we considered that maybe this is literally just a recruiting tactic? Like the team asks guys to do this when possible? So far this hasnā€™t meant much in previous recruitments. I donā€™t think itā€™s a bad thing obviously, but Ledlum had a lot of people follow him. Obviously guys are probably not under any obligation to do so, but it hasnā€™t been a indication of much other than the obvious IU is recruiting this player etc.Ā 

for sure it is a recruiting tactic.Ā  Kids now aday love social media.Ā  Use it to an advantage.Ā Ā 

First time forum poster, but long time follower.Ā 

I have a question.

There's been some positive discussion about our coaching staff and players following Mackenzie Mgbako and family on various social media platforms, but I don't necessarily view it that way. Does anyone else look at those recent follows as a move of desperation?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Time TBD, but they will place IU and KU logos on an aircraft carrier and a navy paratrooper will land on the selected team

Here in Scott Air Force base right outside of St. Louis the blue angels are here this weekend. Itā€™s pretty close to in between. They could just do it here LOL

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

You should see the UK posts. They switched the headline to MM will commit to Kansas on Friday.Ā 

A lot of people here on this board would agree with them. The basketball world has been conditioned by the last 3 decades of IU basketball. People need to start giving CMW and staff some respect!

1 minute ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Here in Scott Air Force base right outside of St. Louis the blue angels are here this weekend. Itā€™s pretty close to in between. They could just do it here LOL

Scott was my first USAF assignment...

Problem with a "paratrooper" coming out of a Blue Angel F-18 is there's normally only one guy in the cockpit šŸ™‚

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, IUAlumn09 said:

I have a question.

There's been some positive discussion about our coaching staff and players following Mackenzie Mgbako and family on various social media platforms, but I don't necessarily view it that way. Does anyone else look at those recent follows as a move of desperation?

:rollinglaugh:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IUAlumn09 said:

I have a question.

Welcome, and the converse thought to that would be "welcome to the brotherhood." šŸ™‚

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, IUAlumn09 said:

I have a question.

I don't think we can really know one way or another. I think your theory makes sense, but I also think it's fair to ask, 'why aren't Kansas guys following him if he is going there?"Ā 

The most interesting part of all the social media stuff with regard to MM, in my opinion, is his mom following Carmelo Anthony. That's a HOF former Mike Woodson player at the same position as MM, who is not the parent of a Mike Woodson recruit.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have no sources. Ā What I do know is that Louisville was supposedly the favorite. Ā He visits Kansas, despite a bunch of commit and cancel IU trip rumors, neither happens. Ā He goes to IU, the Louisville trip gets cancelled, officially announces its down to IU and Kansas. Letā€™s IU do a somewhat cheesy video with him and CMW, that isnā€™t cheesy if he commits to IU. Ā Add in guaranteed playing time and if these Kansas crystal ballers are picking on gut instinct, I think their gut is wrong. Ā Using common sense and the timeline facts Iā€™m not sure how anyone can draw any other conclusion?

• Like 5