2024 PG/Wing/C - J.B. 'Tiger' Gretzky

5fouls

A 7'8" prodigy from the Australian Outback, Jordan Brady Gretzky VI (locals call him 'Tiger') has added 19.5 inches to his height in the last 7 months.  A big with PG skills and a deadly outside shot, his sudden growth has made him the talk of the basketball world. 

Playing in the most recent season of the Australian equivalent of AAU, Gretzky averaged 37.3 points, 24.6 rebounds, 7.2 assists, and 5.1 blocks.  He shot 81% from the field, 67% from 3-point range, and 99.6% from the FT line.

He is just starting to gain the attention of colleges in the United States.  A straight A student in school, Gretzky has gone on record saying he will fulfill a promise he made to his grandmother and attend 4 years of college and get a degree before going pro.

When asked what colleges he had most interest in, Gretzky listed Villanova, Kansas, Indiana, Quinnipiac, and Duke. 

An NBA scout has referred to Gretzky as 'Bill Russel with a shot, Steve Nash, with size, and in possession of Magic Johnson's basketball IQ'

In a recent interview with the Sydney Post & Tribune, Gretzky was asked what he would miss most about Australia when he left for school in the U.S.  Gretzky replied. "There are a lot of things, but probably the biggest, and I know it seems little, will be how my dad calls me 'son' when we talk.  It's going to be tough not hearing that".  Gretzky's father, Woody, was a 2-time All-Aussie prep star in school during the 1990's. 

54 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

A 7'8" prodigy from the Australian Outback, Jordan Brady Gretzky VI (locals call him 'Tiger') has added 19.5 inches to his height in the last 7 months.  A big with PG skills and a deadly outside shot, his sudden growth has made him the talk of the basketball world. 

Playing in the most recent season of the Australian equivalent of AAU, Gretzky averaged 37.3 points, 24.6 rebounds, 7.2 assists, and 5.1 blocks.  He shot 81% from the field, 67% from 3-point range, and 99.6% from the FT line.

He is just starting to gain the attention of colleges in the United States.  A straight A student in school, Gretzky has gone on record saying he will fulfill a promise he made to his grandmother and attend 4 years of college and get a degree before going pro.

When asked what colleges he had most interest in, Gretzky listed Villanova, Kansas, Indiana, Quinnipiac, and Duke. 

An NBA scout has referred to Gretzky as 'Bill Russel with a shot, Steve Nash, with size, and in possession of Magic Johnson's basketball IQ'

In a recent interview with the Sydney Post & Tribune, Gretzky was asked what he would miss most about Australia when he left for school in the U.S.  Gretzky replied. "There are a lot of things, but probably the biggest, and I know it seems little, will be how my dad calls me 'son' when we talk.  It's going to be tough not hearing that".  Gretzky's father, Woody, was a 2-time All-Aussie prep star in school during the 1990's. 

Found a pic on the web.  Definitely looks old for his age.

PeopleGroups.org - Australian Aborigine

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I figured he would be a lock for Montana St. Also who is he following on social media 

2 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I'm with you. Would be terrible for team chemistry. 

Why would you say that?  He's a model citizen in addition to being a great player.  He and his sister, Serena, do volunteer work in homeless shelters and children's hospitals throughout Australia.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Why would you say that?  He's a model citizen in addition to being a great player.  He and his sister, Serena, do volunteer work in homeless shelters and children's hospitals throughout Australia.

And whose playing time is going to get cut? Who will be upset at all the attention he gets, the NIL $ he sucks up, who doesn't get a scholarship and which HS coach is no upset that his player no longer has a spot at IU? 

6 minutes ago, kycarter88 said:

i searched for this kid and couldnt find a single article.  am i missing something here?

The Quinnipiac coaching staff has successfully masked all online information about this kid in an effort to keep him away from the bigger schools.  It's the next great college athletics scandal.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

We’ve got dibs on any international kid over 7’-2”. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Don't read too much into this, and I encourage you to not get too excited, but on a recent survey, he listed his favorite movie as 'Breaking Away' and his favorite TV show as 'Stranger Things'.  

You don’t say….

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2022/08/14/millie-bobby-brown-stranger-things-purdue/10323536002/

• Haha 1