Indiana Pacers thread

41 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Don’t tell @dgambill this, his head might explode. 

They are role players…nothing wrong with them but neither are starting caliber players. My hope is they flip Brown at the trade deadline. They only have to hold him for 3 months. Toppin is a solid bench piece but he can’t shoot and for a team that sucks at rebounding he is a horrible fit on that front. Worst 6’9 rebounder in the nba I would wager.

At least my Colts took a swing for the fence taking Richardson….I at least have them to be excited about.

Edited by dgambill

February 1975: Forwards George McGinnis (#30, PF) and Billy Knight (#25, SF) of the Indiana Pacers look on from the court during an ABA game against the Spirits of St. Louis at Market Square Arena in Indianapolis, Indiana.
McGinnis and Knight played together in the ABA for only a single season (1974-75, Indiana Pacers): That was Big Mac's last ABA season (before jumping to NBA's Philadelphia 76ers), and Knight's first season in the ABA, (as a rookie).
Indiana reached to the ABA finals (lost to Kentucky Colonels) and Big Mac was the Co-MVP (regular season) along with Dr. J.
1974-75 Regular season states:
George McGinnis:
Games: 79
Minutes: 40.4
Rebounds: 14.3
Assists: 6.3
Steals: 2.6
Blocks: 0.7
Turnovers: 5.3
Billy Knight:
Games: 80
Minutes: 32
Rebounds: 7.9
Assists: 2.1
Steals: 1.4
Blocks: 0.4
Turnovers: 3.0
They also played together 3 NBA seasons with the Pacers (1979-82).

May be an image of 1 person, playing basketball, basketball jersey and text

Edited by Steubenhoosier
  • Like 1