Indiana Pacers thread

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Never said a future 1st round. 7,29,55 and a couple of fringe players for OG and the 13th pick. To me there is no one at 7 that I would take over OG. I think players in that range will be solid players but none of them I see as all star type of players.

Sorry I didn’t answer that fully. The offer reportedly that was made was multiple firsts and nothing about a pick swap. I don’t think Toronto wants to come off him since they prefer to move Siakam who is older and more expensive. I imagine they are contemplating a total rebuild so OG is on the market but given his contract and his two way ability he is more attractive for playoff teams who want to upgrade and add talent but don’t want/can’t afford superstar salary/ball dominant player.

Pacers are still trying to land that lead guy to pair with Halliburton. Imo OG is a great supporting piece. An Aaron Gordon type that can put you over the top. A final puzzle piece for a team ready to contend. He isn’t the building block.

Edited by dgambill

18 hours ago, dgambill said:

Pacer making Pacer moves…traded back from 32-40 and now 40-47….this time for cash considerations. Guess Simon needed to gas up his jet.

The last pick of that kid from Miami...lol.  Straight to the G League.  50, over under on total minutes he plays in the NBA.

Edited by IUCrazy2

Oscar Tshiebwe signs one-year, two way contract with the Pacers

Tshiebwe signed a one-year, two-way contract with the Pacers on Friday, Shams Charania of The Athletic reports.

Tshiebwe averaged double-doubles during his final two collegiate seasons at Kentucky, logging 16.9 points, 14.4 rebounds, 1.7 steals and 1.3 blocks in 32.6 minutes per game over those two years. While he went undrafted Thursday, the 23-year-old will have an opportunity to compete for a role with Indiana during the offseason.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/pacers-oscar-tshiebwe-signs-with-indiana/

5 minutes ago, MSHoosier said:

So Tshiebwe is a fit but TJD is not ?   Pacers just didn't think their fans would approve of a similar agreement with TJD ?

Two different situations. Tshiebwe is an undrafted free agent signed to a two way deal. TJD was drafted and wanted a a guaranteed contract. Also TJD and his agent told the Pacers not to draft him because of the glut at his position 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Oscar Tshiebwe signs one-year, two way contract with the Pacers

Tshiebwe signed a one-year, two-way contract with the Pacers on Friday, Shams Charania of The Athletic reports.

Tshiebwe averaged double-doubles during his final two collegiate seasons at Kentucky, logging 16.9 points, 14.4 rebounds, 1.7 steals and 1.3 blocks in 32.6 minutes per game over those two years. While he went undrafted Thursday, the 23-year-old will have an opportunity to compete for a role with Indiana during the offseason.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/pacers-oscar-tshiebwe-signs-with-indiana/

I actually like the signing. He is a beast and we are super soft.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

I like the pacers draft. I think they got it right.

I wish well before the draft they would have packaged players and/or the multiple picks to consolidate to two picks and moved up. One into the top 5 and one to late teens but who they took with what was available I don’t hate.

50 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I wish well before the draft they would have packaged players and/or the multiple picks to consolidate to two picks and moved up. One into the top 5 and one to late teens but who they took with what was available I don’t hate.

It has been reported that they tried but the asking price was to go high

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

It has been reported that they tried but the asking price was to go high

And I said well before the draft. I’m in favor of moving Turner, Heild, TJM and any pieces that would allow us to stock pile picks and young talent. Not only would it have helped us tank into the top 5 of this draft it could hace allowed us to possibly had higher picks in addition if we wanted to move up more. Once the draft was here it was likely too late to move up.

56 minutes ago, dgambill said:

And I said well before the draft. I’m in favor of moving Turner, Heild, TJM and any pieces that would allow us to stock pile picks and young talent. Not only would it have helped us tank into the top 5 of this draft it could hace allowed us to possibly had higher picks in addition if we wanted to move up more. Once the draft was here it was likely too late to move up.

Why trade Turner now because he had a really good year and plays well off of Haliburton. He is one of the best rim protectors in the league and without him our d fense is even worse than it already is. He is only 26 so it isn't like he is an aging veteran.  Also they were trying to trade him with the signing of Ayton to the offer sheet. Turner would have been part of a sign in trade but Runs decided to keep Ayton

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Why trade Turner now because he had a really good year and plays well off of Haliburton. He is one of the best rim protectors in the league and without him our d fense is even worse than it already is. He is only 26 so it isn't like he is an aging veteran.  Also they were trying to trade him with the signing of Ayton to the offer sheet. Turner would have been part of a sign in trade but Runs decided to keep Ayton

I agree with you. The narrative on Turner has probably changed a lot in the past 12 months and at this point, he's a good player on a good deal, and he's only 26. We should keep him.

TJM probably doesn't get you more than a 2nd, and we are already loaded with those. He probably had more value as a veteran guard than getting a pick.

Held could get you something, and he may still this year as an expiring contract that is a difference maker for a contender if we aren't where we want to be. But.... also adds a veteran to help our young guards right now. 

10 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I agree with you. The narrative on Turner has probably changed a lot in the past 12 months and at this point, he's a good player on a good deal, and he's only 26. We should keep him.

TJM probably doesn't get you more than a 2nd, and we are already loaded with those. He probably had more value as a veteran guard than getting a pick.

Held could get you something, and he may still this year as an expiring contract that is a difference maker for a contender if we aren't where we want to be. But.... also adds a veteran to help our young guards right now. 

Pretty sure I heard there is a lot of love for Heild in the building and not much desire to move him.  

Plus we know that the Pacers organization rarely moves expiring contracts and usually let's them walk for nothing. 

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Pretty sure I heard there is a lot of love for Heild in the building and not much desire to move him.  

Plus we know that the Pacers organization rarely moves expiring contracts and usually let's them walk for nothing. 

So what great players have the Pacers let walk for nothing

On 6/23/2023 at 6:52 PM, BeerBQ said:

If Tshiebwe was a fit he’d get a 3 year contract. He’s more of a gamble for the Pacers. 

TJD's agent is Mike Dunleavy's brother. There's a lot more behind the scenes stuff going on in the 2nd round than people get. The Pacers have a lot of young guys at that position who can run the floor, dunk, and block shots. They need guys who are grinders who are "stout", rebound, and defend (not just block shots). I would have loved TJD on the Pacers, but everything I have read, he (and his agent) really didn't want to end up on the Pacers. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So what great players have the Pacers let walk for nothing

Did I say great.  We were talking about mid level guys that could have fetched late 1st like a Heild.  Thad Young is one that we let walk that always chapped me.  He was easily a late first guy at the time.  Even McDermott could have gotten a few 2nds.  We were able to secure Brogden with 2 2nds because Milwaukee couldn't afford him.  So they do have value.