FBI wiretaps show Sean Miller discussing $100k payments.

milehiiu

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Inequality said:

Ever seen a clown with an ass for a face? That would be Dakich. 

Well I wouldn't put it  quite in that description.  However, notice how when something controversial about IU pops up.... Dakich always seems to be there front and center? Where was he back in February when this story about our coach's brother first broke. If he has something on IU, why wait till now to come out with it ?  Or is it more huff and bluff from Dak, as we have seen in the past, in order to boost his ratings ?

Having said that.... it is concerning that two former IU assistant coach's names and now one current  IU assistant coach's name have been mentioned.  Plus two feeder programs to IU as well.  So, I believe Dak this time.  There may be more to the story.  But it may not have anything to do with implicating IU directly. 

Here's what I would say about Dak....he couldn't even guard a chair.   Jordan aside. 

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Every "blue blood" has done it.  And yes, that includes us.  It is what the game has always been.  You want to preach some sort of Utopia.....doesn't exist bro.  To win is the name of the game.

If this is the way to win I would rather lose and have some respect.  I guaranteed we did not do that from 1971-2000 and we won just fine and still think we don't need to di it that way.  I don't care if UK or KU does it because you don't have to do it just because others have done it that way.  I am just sad to see the IU fan base has fallen so much in the last couple of decades where fans actually don't care if IU cheats or not.  I use to be very proud of this fan base but it is harder to be proud saying you are an IU fan know.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

If this is the way to win I would rather lose and have some respect.  I guaranteed we did not do that from 1971-2000 and we won just fine and still think we don't need to di it that way.  I don't care if UK or KU does it because you don't have to do it just because others have done it that way.  I am just sad to see the IU fan base has fallen so much in the last couple of decades where fans actually don't care if IU cheats or not.  I use to be very proud of this fan base but it is harder to be proud saying you are an IU fan know.

And yet, just last week, I was thinking to myself that the IU fanbase is more united today, than any time since 2000.   Oh well...

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Name a couple.

Butler made two championships and have not heard there name implicated.  UW has went to two final fours and never have been implicated and I have not heard Villanova's name mentioned and they have won two championships.  these are the teams I want to be associated with and not UK, Duke, KU or UNC.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Butler made two championships and have not heard there name implicated.  UW has went to two final fours and never have been implicated and I have not heard Villanova's name mentioned and they have won two championships.  these are the teams I want to be associated with and not UK, Duke, KU or UNC.

Better check your history books bud.

Which one of those 3 teams has been brought up in this trial and if they have please show me

I ain't talking here and now.  Very few programs have not been under NCAA sanctions.  This is nothing new.  But we are not dealing with the NCAA in the here and now.  It is the FBI.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Nearly two decades of losing does make it hard to be a proud fan.

10 minutes ago, rico said:

I ain't talking here and now.  Very few programs have not been under NCAA sanctions.  This is nothing new.  But we are not dealing with the NCAA in the here and now.  It is the FBI.

I don't care what happened 50 years ago but those programs showed you don't have to cheat in today's college basketball to be good.

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You don't think Bo Ryan was gray? Haha...he had an open relationship with another woman (besides his wife) for years in public. Didn't care. I can assure you Bo skirted the rules.

11 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Nearly two decades of losing does make it hard to be a proud fan.

It has nothing to do with wins or losses it as to do how far our fan base has fallen when it come to morals and ethics.  If you don't care if we cheat as long as we win I just can't believe the IU fan base I new would ever think that way.  the 2007-08 season was one of my least favorite team to watch and I actually felt a little dirty watching that team play.  I did not care if that team was 17-2 at  one time but it had to do with the coach we had and some of the bad characters he brought onto the university.  To me if you have no ethics when it come to something as insignificant as sports then how would you react to something in your life that would make you decide between right and wrong.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

You don't think Bo Ryan was gray? Haha...he had an open relationship with another woman (besides his wife) for years in public. Didn't care. I can assure you Bo skirted the rules.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Last time I checked that having an affair is not against the NCAA rules.  It is wrong and immoral but did not break and NCAA rules.

Let me ask you this say we go to 2 final fours and win a championship in the next 5 years but had to vacate those because we got caught cheating.  Would you sill be proud of those final fours and championship if we have to vacate them.  I would be more proud of our program if they were like UW and won a lot in the regular season and made some great rums but did it the right way but never won a championship.

It has nothing to do with wins or losses it as to do how far our fan base has fallen when it come to morals and ethics.  If you don't care if we cheat as long as we win I just can't believe the IU fan base I new would ever think that way.  the 2007-08 season was one of my least favorite team to watch and I actually felt a little dirty watching that team play.  I did not care if that team was 17-2 at  one time but it had to do with the coach we had and some of the bad characters he brought onto the university.  To me if you have no ethics when it come to something as insignificant as sports then how would you react to something in your life that would make you decide between right and wrong.

Yeah, the program really had the moral high ground back in the day when the coach was choking out the players in practice.  And if you don’t think IU boosters were giving kids illegal benefits (at the very least) back in the 70s and 80s, you’re crazy.  Get off the high horse — IU is no better than any other program when it comes to “morals and ethics.”

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Last time I checked that having an affair is not against the NCAA rules.  It is wrong and immoral but did not break and NCAA rules.

I can go for as many rounds as you want. Bo wanted Diamond Stone. You think he was in the game that late with him not being willing to play it? Numerous examples of Bo...for some reason he gets a pass. We are mentioned in one meaningless statement and we want to blow up the program. Some of you guys......

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Let me ask you this say we go to 2 final fours and win a championship in the next 5 years but had to vacate those because we got caught cheating.  Would you sill be proud of those final fours and championship if we have to vacate them.  I would be more proud of our program if they were like UW and won a lot in the regular season and made some great rums but did it the right way but never won a championship.

Keep telling yourself Bo was absolutely clean. 

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Yeah, the program really had the moral high ground back in the day when the coach was choking out the players in practice.  And if you don’t think IU boosters were giving kids illegal benefits (at the very least) back in the 70s and 80s, you’re crazy.  Get off the high horse — IU is no better than any other program when it comes to “morals and ethics.”

Not with fans like you but it use to be that way and I will never apologize for wanting IU to stay clean.  You really think RMK would go out of his way to rip Lou Henson or John Wooden or UM about them cheating if he thought IU had cheated through those years.  He would have stayed quit if he knew IU was cheating because he would not want people to bring out what IU were doing/

Archived