Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It looks like pretty standard procedure. It was an absolutely ridiculous call, but I just don't see how Edey did anything remotely punkish in that video.

I want out post players doing that. 

You have your opinion, I have mine...

I've called out XJ more than a few times for classless moves on his part... Do I think he's a punk? Yeah, he can be...

Cherry on the sundae to me is the ref ignoring it until the kid stood his ground and then getting called for the foul... But Edey "doesn't foul."

That and all of the grandstanding about NIL until Edey forces Purdue into a game in Canada so he can get his 😂

Just now, IUFLA said:

You have your opinion, I have mine...

I've called out XJ more than a few times for classless moves on his part... Do I think he's a punk? Yeah, he can be...

Cherry on the sundae to me is the ref ignoring it until the kid stood his ground and then getting called for the foul... But Edey "doesn't foul."

That and all of the grandstanding about NIL until Edey forces Purdue into a game in Canada so he can get his 😂

Edey forced Purdue into a game in Canada?! 😂😂😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I dont understand this conversation at all. What did Edy do (yes I watched the video)?

I don’t think it’s so much what he did, more in response to the narrative that he’s just big and all those elbows to the head aren’t fouls? But hey what do I know?

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I don’t think it’s so much what he did, more in response to the narrative that he’s just big and all those elbows to the head aren’t fouls? But hey what do I know?

Just so my stance is clear, I think refs do an awful job of officiating Edey. He gets away with a lot just due to his size. 

With that said, I didn't really see anything in that video. I saw a defender trying to bump his man as the offensive player tried to walk the defender down to the block. 

Happens all of the time. I didn't see a problem with the call on the defensive player. I guess it could have been a double foul. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

That's a part of it...

I think it's a classless act for Saint Zach to push a kid from a smaller school like that around...My opinion and I stand by it...

40 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Ssshhh don’t help him haha

Don't need any help, Slick...

And, while I probably shouldn't, I'll indulge you...

Cliff Omoruyi, Pharrell Payne, Zed Key just to name a few...

"The Big Maple" 😂😂😂 ain't a tough guy... 

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That's a part of it...

I think it's a classless act for Saint Zach to push a kid from a smaller school like that around...My opinion and I stand by it...

Don't need any help, Slick...

And, while I probably shouldn't, I'll indulge you...

Cliff Omoruyi, Pharrell Payne, Zed Key just to name a few...

"The Big Maple" 😂😂😂 ain't a tough guy... 

None of those dudes would be dumb enough to even attempt to teach Edey a lesson lol. And I’m not convinced they even could anyway tbh. 

9 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

None of those dudes would be dumb enough to even attempt to teach Edey a lesson lol. And I’m not convinced they even could anyway tbh. 

Not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog...

I'm sure none of the guys I mentioned are just going to stand there and take Edey's crap... 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog...

I'm sure none of the guys I mentioned are just going to stand there and take Edey's crap... 

LOL

The size of the dog absolutely matters what in the world are you talking about? We don't have to like Edey, but he is the most accomplished and biggest player in the country. There isn't a single instance of a player "not taking crap from him" in the way you seem to be inferring in 3+ seasons. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Just so my stance is clear, I think refs do an awful job of officiating Edey. He gets away with a lot just due to his size. 

With that said, I didn't really see anything in that video. I saw a defender trying to bump his man as the offensive player tried to walk the defender down to the block. 

Happens all of the time. I didn't see a problem with the call on the defensive player. I guess it could have been a double foul. 

Same thing I said with Haas….what are opponents supposed to do?  
he camps in the lane 

not so sure about the elbows 

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

LOL

The size of the dog absolutely matters what in the world are you talking about? We don't have to like Edey, but he is the most accomplished and biggest player in the country. There isn't a single instance of a player "not taking crap from him" in the way you seem to be inferring in 3+ seasons. 

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

LOL

Lol...So you just let anyone bigger than you just walk on you? 

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Lol...So you just let anyone bigger than you just walk on you? 

Sadly Purdue usually does 

Punk or not you guys brought the fight to us the last 2 years and we did squat 

TG shoves Ivey (he did retaliate) only Ivey got a foul 

Race takes out Ivey after whistle 😗 

no foul….message sent

TJD shoves Gillis…does he shove back or fight?  Nope….message sent 

NW beat up Purdue & IU in Evanston last year….Friday we find out if Purdue has changed 

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Because they know it’s a silly argument lol. I disagree with them on plenty of other topics. 

Why do you want to know my screen name?

Kinda obvious... I already know why you won't reveal it though... 

Silly argument? Just my contention that a slew of Big 10 players aren't going to back down when Saint Zach is walking into them and leading with his shoulder is 100% spot on... I hope he tries it... 

Edited by IUFLA