Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

15 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Tell you what, we play either Rutgers or Illinois and we don't match their physicality, we'll be in for a game...

The difference is the Illini have an offense and Terrance Shannon... 

That's actually a good win for Illinois. Usually at Rutgers isn't a place they fare well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just noticed that Connor Essegian is hardly getting any minutes. 7 mpg...only saw 3 minutes yesterday. Curious to know if he fell out of favor after playing so much last year or something else.

I think he was injured, and AJ Storr (St Johns transfer), who plays the same position, has been playing very well...

Last year Jordan Davis was his competition for minutes... And he transferred... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

That's actually a good win for Illinois. Usually at Rutgers isn't a place they fare well.

Rutgers is not very good this year. Omoruyi has not developed any kind of offense aside from dunks and they don't have much help for him on the boards. Their frosh Griffiths looks like a good one though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just noticed that Connor Essegian is hardly getting any minutes. 7 mpg...only saw 3 minutes yesterday. Curious to know if he fell out of favor after playing so much last year or something else.

I heard through the grape vine that Essegian is gone at the end of the year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Hey how about a semester transfer!!

1 hour ago, rico said:

That's thing, I heard "end of the year."  I raised my eyebrow to the info.  Why not leave now?

Well, the end of the year usually happens in December.🤷

Edited by FKIM01

2 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Rutgers is not very good this year. Omoruyi has not developed any kind of offense aside from dunks and they don't have much help for him on the boards. Their frosh Griffiths looks like a good one though.

But, but, but that one Rutgers' writer said...

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, rico said:

Next coming of the Dream Team.

There it is...15-5, and 26-7...

On 9/25/2023 at 12:08 PM, IUFLA said:

Rutgers writer "Cautiously Optimistic"

I'm going more with "delusional." :)

"I see Rutgers finishing Big Ten play with a record of 15 wins and 5 losses. Combining the OOC and Big Ten predictions, Rutgers would be left with an impressive 26-7 record."

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Minnesota is like a cold sore. They never go away and always come back when you don't want too.

They have a few nice pieces. Garcia was killer tonight... I think he had 36 points... Max Christie's kid brother Cam is impressive for a freshman...

I'm just not sure Ben Johnson is a good enough coach

• Like 1