Jarron Coleman

Paye32

Ball State has announced that Jarron Coleman is entering the transfer portal as a grad transfer. 

The 6’5” guard started all 30 games, averaging 14.3 points, 4.9 rebounds, 3.8 assists, and 1.3 steals. Coleman shot 35% from deep (68/193). 

All-MAC Second Team selection

Thoughts??

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Dont we have this kid already in Anthony Leal? If Leal played at Ball st. he puts up those numbers.

No, we don't, and he probably wouldn't. Between stints at Ball State, Jarron also spent a year in the SEC at Missouri. He averaged 30 minutes a game in conference play, with nine points and four rebounds per game. His efficiency was rough, with a slash line of 38/33/68, but that's more production than we've ever seen from Anthony Leal after three seasons at the high major level.

I'm not terribly in favor of adding Jarron because it's tough to find anything he does particularly well. But as a depth piece, let a lone a break-glass-in-case-of-emergency type, he'd give us more than we have now.

Edited by Maedhros
  • Like 4

From TDH on 7/27:

We’re a little thin (on the wing),” he said.  “We might have to move Mackenzie over some and Kaleb to the two and three, for sure three with those two guys.  So I’m going to have to mix and match based on who’s doing what.”

The only other alternative at this point would be to make a roster addition.

But it’s pretty late for that, even in the transfer portal era.

“We’re looking,” Woodson said.  “But it’s not easy finding people at this stage of the game.”

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketballs-mike-woodson-says-mgbako-and-banks-need-to-be-ready-to-play-on-the-wing/

6 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

From TDH on 7/27:

We’re a little thin (on the wing),” he said.  “We might have to move Mackenzie over some and Kaleb to the two and three, for sure three with those two guys.  So I’m going to have to mix and match based on who’s doing what.”

The only other alternative at this point would be to make a roster addition.

But it’s pretty late for that, even in the transfer portal era.

“We’re looking,” Woodson said.  “But it’s not easy finding people at this stage of the game.”

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketballs-mike-woodson-says-mgbako-and-banks-need-to-be-ready-to-play-on-the-wing/

So Banks is a 2.....:coffee:

1 hour ago, Hoosier83 said:

I haven’t been on here lately; what’s going on with Newton? 

Tweeked an previous knee injury. Nobody seems to know how serious it is, but doesn't sound like he'll be full strength for a while. So people are doubting that he'll contribute much this season if at all. 

5 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I didn't do a hard double take reading that comment but my word. If he has expanded his game so much compared to where he was last year,  closer to a four than a two, watch out, here comes Kaleb Banks.  

I picked up Leal and Trey and took them to the Blue Bird the other night. Leal is Jacked. Looks like he could play football. I was thinking maybe the weight room Coaches should switch. The linemen I've picked up are just fat and I took a strong safety to the airport the other day and I thought he might be the waterboy or at best a small slot wideout.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Indykev said:

I picked up Leal and Trey and took them to the Blue Bird the other night. Leal is Jacked. Looks like he could play football. I was thinking maybe the weight room Coaches should switch. The linemen I've picked up are just fat and I took a strong safety to the airport the other day and I thought he might be the waterboy or at best a small slot wideout.

Well if you are pretty jacked at 6,5 as Leal would be as you said then that is DE size…so maybe we bring him over lol!

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Well if you are pretty jacked at 6,5 as Leal would be as you said then that is DE size…so maybe we bring him over lol!

The dude is ripped..At least he is hitting the weight room. I dont know if he is hitting any shots at the same rate however.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

The dude is ripped..At least he is hitting the weight room. I dont know if he is hitting any shots at the same rate however.

Well even if he never crushes it on the basketball floor he will always have his memories of crushing it on sorority row lol.

IMG_2070.webp