ESPN/FS1

I don't tune in to listen the talking knuckleheads on either of the networks. Most are all pretty bad and redundant.  I just tune in to watch the games. I do like Dan Patrick, Freddie coleman and the odd couple but listen to those on the radio.

I'll miss JVG and Mark Jackson. Hope they land on TNT. Read an article where FS1 guy was throwing Doris Burke under the bus. These people need to chill.  She is fine but not nearly as entertaining as JVG and Jax. JJ Redick is really good. 

Hope the Manning's keep their their Monday night football gig. I'll put them on if the 2 teams are not of interest to me. 

College Gameday is great. 

I can't think of anything on FS1 that i watch other than games. 

• Like 1

They were talking about this on 1380 AM "The Fan" out of the Fort.  Apparently 1380 used to to be affiliated with ESPN but they are now hitched to Fox.  The guys said it was due to ESPN messing around with all their radio shows through the years.

1 hour ago, rico said:

They were talking about this on 1380 AM "The Fan" out of the Fort.  Apparently 1380 used to to be affiliated with ESPN but they are now hitched to Fox.  The guys said it was due to ESPN messing around with all their radio shows through the years.

I think that why the ESPN station here in Indy are mainly local shows from 7am-6pm. They have Greenie on from 10am to noon but the rest it is 3 local shows.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think that why the ESPN station here in Indy are mainly local shows from 7am-6pm. They have Greenie on from 10am to noon but the rest it is 3 local shows.

No Greenie up this way.  The Dan Patrick Show reigns supreme up here.

On 8/2/2023 at 4:14 PM, rico said:

1380 flipped from ESPN to Fox 2-3 years ago because of politics.  According to both the Arbitron and Eastlan ratings, their listenership has dropped significantly since the switch, so I guess it didn't work out as they hoped.

11 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

1380 flipped from ESPN to Fox 2-3 years ago because of politics.  According to both the Arbitron and Eastlan ratings, their listenership has dropped significantly since the switch, so I guess it didn't work out as they hoped.

That timeframe coincides with the end of the Mike and Mike era. I wonder how much that has to do with the decision to move on from ESPN? I don’t listen to local radio anymore as I have Sirius. Couldn’t even tell you who is on Fox

19 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

Their morning show guys never mentioned politics.  They said it was due to ESPN's programming.

7 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

That timeframe coincides with the end of the Mike and Mike era. I wonder how much that has to do with the decision to move on from ESPN? I don’t listen to local radio anymore as I have Sirius. Couldn’t even tell you who is on Fox

1380 has Dan Patrick on from 9-12 then it is Cowherd.

4 hours ago, rico said:

Their morning show guys never mentioned politics.  They said it was due to ESPN's programming.

Same thing happened down here in Florida. ESPN radio gets ripped even by the local guys who ARE ESPN affiliated lol. I wonder how they even get away with the bashing but they do. Shocked me. That said Fox generally has the better programming I’d say (as far as on air talent).

On 8/2/2023 at 3:03 PM, ATX_sig said:

I don't tune in to listen the talking knuckleheads on either of the networks. Most are all pretty bad and redundant.  I just tune in to watch the games. I do like Dan Patrick, Freddie coleman and the odd couple but listen to those on the radio.

I'll miss JVG and Mark Jackson. Hope they land on TNT. Read an article where FS1 guy was throwing Doris Burke under the bus. These people need to chill.  She is fine but not nearly as entertaining as JVG and Jax. JJ Redick is really good. 

Hope the Manning's keep their their Monday night football gig. I'll put them on if the 2 teams are not of interest to me. 

College Gameday is great. 

I can't think of anything on FS1 that i watch other than games. 

Massively disagree about Reddick. I think Doris Burke is historically bad. 

Edited by btownqb

• 2 weeks later...

Life update. Having successfully settled my case with ESPN/Disney, I have decided to leave so I can exercise my first amendment rights more freely.  I am grateful for so many wonderful experiences over the past 16 years and am excited for my next chapter! #SteeleStrong

·
1.2M
Views

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Life update. Having successfully settled my case with ESPN/Disney, I have decided to leave so I can exercise my first amendment rights more freely.  I am grateful for so many wonderful experiences over the past 16 years and am excited for my next chapter! #SteeleStrong

·
1.2M
Views

I bet she heads to outkick. 

• Like 1