ESPN/FS1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, rico said:

You know, I’m so glad that i gave up direct tv, or any of the cable companies. My 4 fire sticks have been a lifesaver, and i get my yearly subscription for $60 a year for each one, and have no BS box rentals that these companies charge customers for.

• Like 2

Ditching Directv was one of the best things I've done in a while. We too, are streaming thru Firesticks. But I still don't like the available "bundles" of programming. (You Tube TV, Fubo, etc)

One day (hopefully in the next year or 2), one of these channel streamers will grow a pair and offer the entire channel line-up ala carte. You pick what you want to watch and pay accordingly. Want a bundle? Here it is. Want to chose your own? Here it is. 

One of my friends has a digital outdoor antenna and he gets like 24 channels without paying anything. No BTN or Fox Sports, but he says he's fine with it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Milosh68 said:

You know, I’m so glad that i gave up direct tv, or any of the cable companies. My 4 fire sticks have been a lifesaver, and i get my yearly subscription for $60 a year for each one, and have no BS box rentals that these companies charge customers for.

Went to internet and pay 1/3 what i was for Directv plus get waaaayyy more. Oh and alight mist wont make tv  go out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DWB said:

Ditching Directv was one of the best things I've done in a while. We too, are streaming thru Firesticks. But I still don't like the available "bundles" of programming. (You Tube TV, Fubo, etc)

One day (hopefully in the next year or 2), one of these channel streamers will grow a pair and offer the entire channel line-up ala carte. You pick what you want to watch and pay accordingly. Want a bundle? Here it is. Want to chose your own? Here it is. 

One of my friends has a digital outdoor antenna and he gets like 24 channels without paying anything. No BTN or Fox Sports, but he says he's fine with it.

Hulu not too bad for bundle of channels for price... sling still needs work on the bundle system

3 hours ago, DWB said:

Most Samsung TVs built since 2016 have Samsung TV+ free streaming service Over 220 channels...And some "On Demand" stuff...

If I didn't want BTN, ESPN, and FS1-2 for IU basketball, that would be plenty for me...But, I pay for YouTubeTV ($65 a month) just for those channels...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, rico said:

This was great for me. I have Spectrum TV and internet. I called to complain about paying for channels that aren't currently available (ESPN, etc) and threatened to move to Youtube TV or Fubo. Spectrum lowered my monthly fee by $70 for a year. 

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

If I didn't want BTN, ESPN, and FS1-2 for IU basketball, that would be plenty for me...But, I pay for YouTubeTV ($65 a month) just for those channels...

Hate to disappoint, but if you check your last bill, I think you'll find you're paying ~$72/month.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, forgot they raised it...Still, for everything I want (Sports Channels, unlimited DVR) it's the best deal for me...

Me too. Used to have Fubo, but they jacked their price up 15%+ without any notice. Told them to go pound sand and switched to YT, which had recently added a bunch of Hallmark channels the wife wanted without additional subscription.

7 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

For those fire stick users…. do you have access to any MLB game? 

I have all of the sports packages. For instance on NFL, if i don’t want to go to the NFL ticket to watch the game, i just go to my teams hometown channel that’s covering the game, and watch that channel. I won’t go into all of the details, but i have thousands of channels and options. I’m Dodgers fan, and I’ve watched every Dodgers game for the last 6 years. I also had a guy put Kodi on two of my sticks, and the other two are just IPTV. IPTV gives you all of the major cities channels, plus almost everything any cable service has. He also added films plus and movies HD.  And the guy(Programmer) is so available to all of his subscribers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Milosh68 said:

I have all of the sports packages. For instance on NFL, if i don’t want to go to the NFL ticket to watch the game, i just go to my teams hometown channel that’s covering the game, and watch that channel. I won’t go into all of the details, but i have thousands of channels and options. I’m Dodgers fan, and I’ve watched every Dodgers game for the last 6 years. I also had a guy put Kodi on two of my sticks, and the other two are just IPTV. IPTV gives you all of the major cities channels, plus almost everything any cable service has. He also added films plus and movies HD.  And the guy(Programmer) is so available to all of his subscribers. 

I used a RVeal TV box with a VPN back in like 2014 or so... learning curve was steep, and my wife would have never figured out how to use it, so I ditched it...

But it did get you some cool stuff... the international channels were nice... 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Absolutely.  You know Hummel is a good sportscaster when most IU fans will admit that a Boilermaker is good at anything.  I hope he stays as professional and as unbiased as he is.

I think he will. He’s a great sportscaster regardless and it make sense he would move on from ESPN since they don’t carry big ten games anymore. He wasn’t really a studio analyst so no real reason for him to stay. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

ESPN is a joke:

ESPN used fake names to secure Emmys for ‘College GameDay’ stars

the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS), the organization that administers the Emmys, uncovered a scheme that the network used to acquire more than 30 of the coveted statuettes for on-air talent ineligible to receive them. Since at least 2010, ESPN inserted fake names in Emmy entries, then took the awards won by some of those imaginary individuals, had them re-engraved and gave them to on-air personalities.

The nexus of the scheme was “College GameDay,” the show that Fitting helped turn into a cultural phenomenon and a revenue machine. From 2008-18, it nabbed eight Emmys for outstanding weekly studio show. But on-air talent was, until 2023, prohibited by NATAS guidelines from being included in a credit list in that category. 

ESPN circumvented the rule by inserting fake names into the credit list it submitted to NATAS for “College GameDay.” The Athletic reviewed the credit lists for the years the show won: 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. In each one of those seven years, names similar to the names of on-air personalities – and with identical initials – were listed all under the title of “associate producers.”

Kirk Henry (Kirk Herbstreit), Lee Clark (Lee Corso), Dirk Howard (Desmond Howard), and Tim Richard (Tom Rinaldi) appeared in all seven years. Steven Ponder (Sam Ponder) and Gene Wilson (Gene Wojciechowski) appeared in five from 2014-18. Chris Fulton (Chris Fowler) appeared in 2010, 2011, 2014 and 2015. Shelley Saunders (Shelley Smith) appeared in the 2010 credit list.

https://theathletic.com/5193316/2024/01/11/espn-emmys-fake-names-college-gameday/

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1