Going to IU vs Auburn game in Atlanta? (12/9/23)

DWB

I know it's way early, but tickets go on sale tomorrow (8/15/23 @ 11:30 am)

I contacted the IU ticket office and they told me they won't have any tickets for that game. Only the promoter. (sounds wierd, but...)

Here's the link(s):

https://holidayhoopsgiving.com/college-pre-sale/  or....

https://www.ticketmaster.com/holiday-hoopsgiving-tickets/artist/2755849

3 hours ago, DWB said:

I know it's way early, but tickets go on sale tomorrow (8/15/23 @ 11:30 am)

I contacted the IU ticket office and they told me they won't have any tickets for that game. Only the promoter. (sounds wierd, but...)

Here's the link(s):

https://holidayhoopsgiving.com/college-pre-sale/  or....

https://www.ticketmaster.com/holiday-hoopsgiving-tickets/artist/2755849

Yes and sure hope your info is incorrect - I requested 6 seats through IU via my ticket account and had a friend order 2 more for me.  Supposed to be allocated based on priority points.

Dear Edward J. & Angela,

Indiana Basketball looks forward to traveling to State Farm Arena in Atlanta, Ga., for a much anticipated matchup versus Auburn on December 9, 2023. This is the featured game of the Holiday Hoopsgiving event. As a supporter of Indiana Basketball, you are able to request up to 6 tickets within the Indiana allotment via your IU Athletics account. Tickets are $60 for the Holiday Hoopsgiving event.

We look forward to seeing you in Atlanta!

%7Bac4ae18f-9236-43e3-9f3c-bd7d8501149e%7D_MB23_-_Atlanta_Graphic.jpg

Edited by eddy4iu
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, eddy4iu said:

Yes and sure hope your info is incorrect - I requested 6 seats through IU via my ticket account and had a friend order 2 more for me.  Supposed to be allocated based on priority points.

Dear Edward J. & Angela,

Indiana Basketball looks forward to traveling to State Farm Arena in Atlanta, Ga., for a much anticipated matchup versus Auburn on December 9, 2023. This is the featured game of the Holiday Hoopsgiving event. As a supporter of Indiana Basketball, you are able to request up to 6 tickets within the Indiana allotment via your IU Athletics account. Tickets are $60 for the Holiday Hoopsgiving event.

We look forward to seeing you in Atlanta!

I'm sure you're right, as I was told that the season was a "sellout" and there weren't any tickets available to the public for this game. I probably mis-interpreted their response to mean nobody got tickets thru the IU office. I'm sorry for the confusion.

• Like 1

Just checked the various websites (ticketmaster, St Farm Arena, etc) and while the website promoting the event says tickets on sale now, nobody else, including ticketmaster even has the event on their calendars, much less tix for sale.

Pisses me off. Promote it, then drop the ball on ticket sales. I signed up for email updates, and so far....crickets.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DWB said:

Just checked the various websites (ticketmaster, St Farm Arena, etc) and while the website promoting the event says tickets on sale now, nobody else, including ticketmaster even has the event on their calendars, much less tix for sale.

Pisses me off. Promote it, then drop the ball on ticket sales. I signed up for email updates, and so far....crickets.

Yep, their site even had a countdown clock for when they were going on-sale.  The other game that day is Mississippi St vs TBD.  Starting to wonder if these games will even happen.  That's some piss poor planning on this promoter.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DWB said:

Looks like ticket sales moved to Friday.....

user generated

Yeah, I FINALLY got an email about 6 hours after the tickets were to go on sale. They are right on top of things aren't they...idiots. Until I can actually order tix, I'm skeptical that Friday is a real date.

Also, supposedly added Tulane to the 4-some of teams.

• Like 1

I ordered my tickets this morning through Ticketmaster.  Needed a pre-sale code which the promoter emailed if you signed up with them ahead of time.  I think it said general public sale is Monday.

Fyi... $40 ticket and then $23.50 more in fees and taxes.  😡😡😡

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Did anyone get tickets? The better seats went fast.  Got 2 in section 103. Should be fun.

I got 4 in 103.  I got there first thing and only saw seats behind the baskets.  Maybe the schools got the sides.  🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️  There were some $200 options behind the basket but I went with the $40 ones.  Haha

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

I got 4 in 103.  I got there first thing and only saw seats behind the baskets.  Maybe the schools got the sides.  🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️  There were some $200 options behind the basket but I went with the $40 ones.  Haha

Go Hoosiers!!!

Yeah, had some friends get the floor seats.  This will be my son's first IU/college game, so he's just excited to go. Should be fun.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Yeah, had some friends get the floor seats.  This will be my son's first IU/college game, so he's just excited to go. Should be fun.

Oh cool.  Going with my brother and our wives.  It'll be our 1st time going to that arena.  The last game I went to in the ATL was the IU-UK 2012 tournament game at the Georgia Dome.  Let's hope for a similar game with a better ending.  🙂🙂🙂

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Oh cool.  Going with my brother and our wives.  It'll be our 1st time going to that arena.  The last game I went to in the ATL was the IU-UK 2012 tournament game at the Georgia Dome.  Let's hope for a similar game with a better ending.  🙂🙂🙂

Go Hoosiers!!!

Should be a great time. Shoot me a message and we can say hello at the game.

• Like 1

Tried to get tickets this morning, but the only delivery option was via text/image to your phone. No option to have them emailed to print at home. I don't have (or want) a smart phone, so not sure if I'll get tickets later or not.

Personally I'm not crazy about sitting behind the backboard. Did that at an IU game and it wasn't all that great IMO.

So I may just take the best seat in the house in front of the TV. I would like to go though and see it in person.

I don’t plan on going, but visited Atlanta in December of 2022. 
I really enjoyed the city. The arena is close to Centennial Park (worth a stroll if you like the Olympics), the aquarium, the Coke museum, the college football HOF, and the Center for Civil Rights. I’d recommend the City Pass if you’re interested in any of them. 
Atlanta Underground seemed really cool but was shut down. It seems like there are talks about something going in there. 

If you’re interested in history/national parks the MLK Jr birthplace is there and free to visit.

True to my name, Fox Bros BBQ is fantastic and probably the best I’ve had at a restaurant. Horned Owl brewing in Kennesaw was a really cool place.

10 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

Go Hoosiers!!!

Tickets requested through IU are lower sideline seats so would imagine same applies to the 3 other schools. Unsold allotments through the schools will either be gobbled up by higher demand schools, particularly IU, with remainder being offered to general public later. No timeline yet regarding when initial allocation of seats to ticket requestors through IU will be made based on priority points but wouldn’t count on it being soon. Vegas tickets last year were a fiasco and despite that extremely frustrating experience I opted back in to buy Auburn tickets through IU. Word last year was that the venue and promoter were difficult to deal with so fingers crossed that this year’s event handling will be different.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...