Michigan State football coach Mel Tucker accused of sexually harassing rape survivor

IU247

6 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Only the most egotistical of egos thinks this sexual assault advocate and victim, who speaks to Football programs about what is and isn’t acceptable, will accept his advances. Wow

He seems like a total lying sleaze ball who should get kicked to the curb. However, I suspect there's more to this story. She deleted all of their text messages and waited eight months to file the complaint. Wouldn't be shocked if there was something to this. 

Tracy told him she wanted a “sugar daddy” who would pay her a monthly amount to be his girlfriend, he said, and that she would be “all over” him if he wasn’t married.

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

He seems like a total lying sleaze ball who should get kicked to the curb. However, I suspect there's more to this story. She deleted all of their text messages and waited eight months to file the complaint. Wouldn't be shocked if there was something to this. 

Tracy told him she wanted a “sugar daddy” who would pay her a monthly amount to be his girlfriend, he said, and that she would be “all over” him if he wasn’t married.

i just wonder about the whole unconsensual phone sex thing? Can't you just hang up the phone? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 5

Per CBS:

Michigan State Coaching Hot Board

There will be a lot of discussion and billable hours before Michigan State makes a final decision on the fate of coach Mel Tucker, but no matter what has happened or hasn't, it's safe to assume Tucker has coached his final game with the Spartans. So, who should Michigan State tap as a full-time replacement in the event Tucker is terminated?

The Spartans should revert back to their developmental roots. The program's greatest success in recent years under Mark Dantonio didn't come because they were out-recruiting the rest of the league, rather they were out-developing and out-coaching their opponents. With the Big Ten adding four new programs from the West Coast next season, it seems foolish to believe the Spartans will ever be able to out-recruit the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, USC or Oregon. So, get somebody who can build a winning program instead of finding another recruiter.

With apologies to The Sunflower State, the two best options to do so feel obvious to me.

1. Lance Leipold -- Kansas coach
  2. Chris Klieman -- Kansas State coach
  3. Pat Narduzzi -- Pitt coach
  4. Mark Stoops -- Kentucky coach
  5. Jim Leonhard -- Illinois analyst, former Wisconsin defensive coordinator

If I believed Stoops would be open to leaving Kentucky, I'd have him higher. The hope, if I'm Michigan State athletic director Alan Haller, is I don't have to go past No. 2 on my board.

On 9/12/2023 at 8:23 AM, tdhoosier said:

Only the most egotistical of egos thinks this sexual assault advocate and victim, who speaks to Football programs about what is and isn’t acceptable, will accept his advances. Wow

They had 27 phone conversations that averaged 30 minutes each. Many of them late at night.

Maybe they were just discussing sexual assault awareness for 13 hours… 

50 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

They had 27 phone conversations that averaged 30 minutes each. Many of them late at night.

Maybe they were just discussing sexual assault awareness for 13 hours… 

I doubt very much her intentions were to give him phone sex like a 900# Furthermore the man is about to lose $80 million, talk about a dum…$

Edited by Drroogh

19 hours ago, rico said:

Per CBS:

There will be a lot of discussion and billable hours before Michigan State makes a final decision on the fate of coach Mel Tucker, but no matter what has happened or hasn't, it's safe to assume Tucker has coached his final game with the Spartans. So, who should Michigan State tap as a full-time replacement in the event Tucker is terminated?

The Spartans should revert back to their developmental roots. The program's greatest success in recent years under Mark Dantonio didn't come because they were out-recruiting the rest of the league, rather they were out-developing and out-coaching their opponents. With the Big Ten adding four new programs from the West Coast next season, it seems foolish to believe the Spartans will ever be able to out-recruit the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, USC or Oregon. So, get somebody who can build a winning program instead of finding another recruiter.

With apologies to The Sunflower State, the two best options to do so feel obvious to me.

If I believed Stoops would be open to leaving Kentucky, I'd have him higher. The hope, if I'm Michigan State athletic director Alan Haller, is I don't have to go past No. 2 on my board.

Maybe Nick Saban will go back…feeling like the Alabama run is slowly coming to an end. Going to continue to be really good but probably won’t be dominant like years past.

I’ll start with as much as we hate what’s going on at MSU, imagine how MSU alums with a conscience feel about it? (Yes there are a lot and they are livid)

So the way my neighbor explained it (says he has actually read the contract) Tucker signed a what $90M contract but it read somewhat like coach Knight’s zero tolerance contract. Any criminal charges against him or any conduct that puts MSU publicly in a bad light would be considered a breach of contract! $80M that’s got to be a record bill for a 900# call!!!

On 9/12/2023 at 5:25 PM, rico said:

Per CBS:

Surprised Coach Tom Allen isn't on that list....  🤪

• Haha 1

I’ll just say we are in a culture where due process no longer seems to matter.  Cases of true crimes going on yet other stories of people being accused only to find out the story isn’t quite how it was initially shown.  Not saying Tucker didn’t do anything and isn’t a dirt ball, but everyone should be allowed for a real process and review to happen.  The fact the report from MSU itself says the relationship was consensual and other items clearly show at least at times this relationship was mutual should be taken into account.  I get, due to the historical 💩 show that is MSU, why they would fire him.  But to me they are just opening themselves up to paying his contract out long term or at least a portion as there is clearly evidence this might not meet the standard of “for cause”.

I am all for firing him eventually, but keep him suspended without pay and let a fair due process happen.  It doesn’t feel like that’s happening here IMO.

• Like 3