Week 3 Pre Game: UL

BeerBQ

Yeah, definitely should be the best indicator thus far of what we've really got and what we might realistically expect. I'm relatively content with what we did 1st two weeks, but those outcomes were effectively known prior to kickoff. If we either win or look good in a close loss Saturday, I'll likely take it to mean we have a shot a bowl eligibility. Otherwise, likely have to prepare for a developmental year.

On 9/10/2023 at 11:22 AM, BeerBQ said:

This should be a good test. 

Is anyone going or familiar with the parking/tailgating situation?

If my memory serves me there really isn’t a lot of parking around Lucas Oil that’s conducive to tailgating.  I opted out of going because I have out of town family things.  But I suspect a lot of pregame/postgame bar action up there based on other games I have gone to up there.

IU cancelling the 2024 game is a good move. We should be scheduling 3 wins for the non conference. We play a 9 game conference schedule in the Big Ten. We don't need to prove anything in the non conference. Get 6 wins. Bowl games keep fans interested.. We ain't going to enough of them. 3 easy ones makes that path much easier.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 9/14/2023 at 12:27 PM, KDB said:

IU cancelling the 2024 game is a good move. We should be scheduling 3 wins for the non conference. We play a 9 game conference schedule in the Big Ten. We don't need to prove anything in the non conference. Get 6 wins. Bowl games keep fans interested.. We ain't going to enough of them. 3 easy ones makes that path much easier.

I'll gladly take the 3 wins and play some of the locals. Schedule Indiana St, Ball St or whoever every year. Until we understand the Big 10 is going to even out the schedule consistently I'll take the 3 win in preseason Mallory approach all day long.

• Like 2

On 9/14/2023 at 12:27 PM, KDB said:

All this is true...except playing Northern Idaho A&T does nothing for my viewing pleasure.