New post season tournament for Big 10, Big East and Big 12 teams only

Reacher

Seems to me like the NCAA would not sanction this, as it directly competes with their NIT. Having organized tournaments outside of season rules (if NCAA won't allow it) wouldn't seem likely for fear of reprisals.

But I'm all for it at this point. Too many good teams get left out of post season play against non-conf competition.

3 hours ago, DWB said:

Seems to me like the NCAA would not sanction this, as it directly competes with their NIT. Having organized tournaments outside of season rules (if NCAA won't allow it) wouldn't seem likely for fear of reprisals.

But I'm all for it at this point. Too many good teams get left out of post season play against non-conf competition.

Those conferences should just tell the NCAA... this is what we're doing, you have no power over these schools. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Those conferences should just tell the NCAA... this is what we're doing, you have no power over these schools. 

I'm guessing that message has been sent loud and clear.  The NCAA will control March Madness until the P2-3 take that away as well.

Edited by FKIM01
  • Like 1