IU/Kentucky finalize a 4 year series!

KDB

43,000 + 17,000 = 60,000 in Tickets value for Indiana

vs

22,000 + 22,000 = 44,000 in ticket value for Kentucky

Seems like a big win for Indiana. We get nearly an extra Assembly Hall worth of seats to sell.  Plus if we win in Indy it is a neutral court win which has greater value over a home win. Let them think they won in the deal, lets run to the bank with the extra cash and win value. Just my two cents.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I wouldn't be surprised to learn this might have been Woody's idea. He always likes to play a game in Indy. What better of a game to play there, esp if we control all of the seats.

Hope we give them 13 tickets. One ticket for each player.

Edited by DWB
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, DWB said:

I wouldn't be surprised to learn this might have been Woody's idea. He always likes to play a game in Indy. What better of a game to play there, esp if we control all of the seats.

Hope we give them 13 tickets. One ticket for each player.

You could have come up with a better descriptor for why 13. 

Average IQ

Average number of teeth

Average age they marry a cousin

The possibilities are endless. 

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That's the only time I'll ever agree with those toothless inbreds.  I freakin hate this.

But it's gotta be, brother... gotta be...

If Indiana University basketball is to ever get back to the top, we need first to prove it on the court ... by showing that grifters like Calipari and Self aren't the only way to win in college basketball... that a message of honesty, integrity, hard work, and family aren't just words, but the basis of a winning culture...

None of these kids know the grimey past of Kentucky... the point shaving, the first death penalty, the name Chris Mills... they know UK is a DESTINATION... A place where kids regularly go to the NBA...

Out recruit them for high level kids, then beat their asses on the court a couple of times in front of millions... that's what gets us back to the top

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Bozich just said the game at Lucas Oil Stadium will be a home game for IU and IU will control the 43k tickets.

That changes my opinion a little bit, but still guessing that we gave them exactly what they wanted…. two games at home and one in Indy’s fertile recruiting grounds.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

That's the thing. If Hoosier fans are as loyal as we think I'd hope they wouldn't take the loot. Long ways out though so we'll worry about that another day.

Oh I wholeheartedly agree. My point is simply that IF UK has any sort of large representation it will have come through the secondary market. I am thrilled that IU will control tickets for this game and hope that IU fans will hold tickets close to the vest and if they sell that they will vet their potential buyers intensely to keep the stinkin’ blue out of Lucas Oil. How ironic to be trying to keep blue out of that venue!

• Like 1

IU showed the balls here.  Look at the scathing of Cal by his own pussy cats.  

He's already out the door.  He's already been exposed.  One more failed season and the entire state will be on fire.  

IU, Coach Mike Woodson is hot.  Weird take about the split.  It's been a decade.  I would have been happy with 4 straight at Rupp just to prove a point.  

It's going to be 85 and sunny in Central Indiana today on Oct 4th, I guarantee there will be people complaining.  Makes about the same sense.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

That changes my opinion a little bit, but still guessing that we gave them exactly what they wanted…. two games at home and one in Indy’s fertile recruiting grounds.

You don't need games where you are recruiting, unless it is across the country.  Every game is available to watch and be on TV.  This whole idea of the game being in Indianapolis gives Kentucky something for recruiting is antiquated thought of a time when games were on regional, local TV channels. Kentucky is Kentucky and them playing here isn't going to make them more attractive to local prospects.  Teague, Lyle, and Brook's say hello. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, IUALUM03 said:

You don't need games where you are recruiting, unless it is across the country.  Every game is available to watch and be on TV.  This whole idea of the game being in Indianapolis gives Kentucky something for recruiting is antiquated thought of a time when games were on regional, local TV channels. Kentucky is Kentucky and them playing here isn't going to make them more attractive to local prospects.  Teague, Lyle, and Brook's say hello. 

If you say so.