Michigan Game Thread

KDB

From the article in the FW paper today, it sounds like it was a total mess Saturday. Interviewed receivers who were critical of the flip flopping of quarterbacks. Said that they sometimes wouldn't know who was going to be taking the snaps until they got in the huddle. Said that it became much more difficult to try to get into any rhythm with the constant changing. 

The writer quoted the coaches as saying that they wanted to see one of the two qbs step up, and that neither one did. Allen was quoted as saying they would have one going forward. The writer made the observation that this should have been done during the bye week....and I concur.

As I said, a total cluster.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

From the article in the FW paper today, it sounds like it was a total mess Saturday. Interviewed receivers who were critical of the flip flopping of quarterbacks. Said that they sometimes wouldn't know who was going to be taking the snaps until they got in the huddle. Said that it became much more difficult to try to get into any rhythm with the constant changing. 

The writer quoted the coaches as saying that they wanted to see one of the two qbs step up, and that neither one did. Allen was quoted as saying they would have one going forward. The writer made the observation that this should have been done during the bye week....and I concur.

As I said, a total cluster.

I see what you're saying from a consistency standpoint, but as optimistic as I am, we were never going to win that game in Ann Arbor.  We needed to see both qb's in multiple game situations.  Bell looked for different things than Carey does. It's unfortunate neither qb separated themselves,  but then again, it was against Michigan's defense in the rain. 

Sorsby's legs and grit honestly would give him an edge in my book. Tayven has great arm potential, but he seems to preselect a receiver, stare him down, and throw it there whether it's the correct read or not. The Rutgers game should be the final game to determine permanent qb1 this season.

That being said, I don't know the dynamics of the locker room, and CTA can't lose the team to close the season or he's finished. Let’s hope one of the qbs has a great week and we smoke Rutgers.

15 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I see what you're saying from a consistency standpoint, but as optimistic as I am, we were never going to win that game in Ann Arbor.  We needed to see both qb's in multiple game situations.  Bell looked for different things than Carey does. It's unfortunate neither qb separated themselves,  but then again, it was against Michigan's defense in the rain. 

Sorsby's legs and grit honestly would give him an edge in my book. Tayven has great arm potential, but he seems to preselect a receiver, stare him down, and throw it there whether it's the correct read or not. The Rutgers game should be the final game to determine permanent qb1 this season.

That being said, I don't know the dynamics of the locker room, and CTA can't lose the team to close the season or he's finished. Let’s hope one of the qbs has a great week and we smoke Rutgers.

Agree that we were never going to beat Michigan. Concerned that a player would openly speak out to the media about the confusion that was caused by the coaches decisions. Coaches are supposed to put all players in the best position to succeed, and at least one or some of the receivers sound like they weren't given that opportunity. Maybe the coaches do need to see the players in multiple situations, but they had two weeks of practice to try to figure this out. If the losing continues, it wouldn't surprise me to see more dissension.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Agree that we were never going to beat Michigan. Concerned that a player would openly speak out to the media about the confusion that was caused by the coaches decisions. Coaches are supposed to put all players in the best position to succeed, and at least one or some of the receivers sound like they weren't given that opportunity. Maybe the coaches do need to see the players in multiple situations, but they had two weeks of practice to try to figure this out. If the losing continues, it wouldn't surprise me to see more dissension.

That's a great point. Cam Camper showed major frustration when he was interviewed after the OSU game with play calling. To his credit, he didn't say anything negative.  Can't imagine he's happy at this point with the way the season has gone.  The entire situation is beyond frustrating. We better get a couple wins soon, or the wheels will fall completely off.

40 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

That's a great point. Cam Camper showed major frustration when he was interviewed after the OSU game with play calling. To his credit, he didn't say anything negative.  Can't imagine he's happy at this point with the way the season has gone.  The entire situation is beyond frustrating. We better get a couple wins soon, or the wheels will fall completely off.

It was McCully that was quoted this time 

• Thanks 1