Michigan Game Thread

KDB

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Fire Walt Bell!  :coffee:

It looks so obvious it isn't just coaching that is the problem with the offense but talent level as well. The lack of talent at the QB and OL is a big problem and doesn't appear it will get better.  Also maybe it is time to look at the real problem and that is at the HC position. He keeps firing OC and OL coaches but it doesn't change a thing.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It looks so obvious it isn't just coaching that is the problem with the offense but talent level as well. The lack of talent at the QB and OL is a big problem and doesn't appear it will get better.  Also maybe it is time to look at the real problem and that is at the HC position. He keeps firing OC and OL coaches but it doesn't change a thing.

Also we don't have much talent at the RB position bad well. Also the coaches has no clue how to utilize Lucas and get him ball in space and on the move. I would bet the farm Lucas will be home after this year.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Thanks for the insightful analysis!

Lucas is starting to look a little contact shy. Can't help but think running him between the tackles, at his size, has worn him down physically and mentally.

Michigan isn't a great measure of where we're at talent wise. Rutgers, Illinois,  MSU, and Purdue will give us a chance to see what we can do against comparable talent. Offense looked better early; that's my positive takeaway. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Lucas is starting to look a little contact shy. Can't help but think running him between the tackles, at his size, has worn him down physically and mentally.

Michigan isn't a great measure of where we're at talent wise. Rutgers, Illinois,  MSU, and Purdue will give us a chance to see what we can do against comparable talent. Offense looked better early; that's my positive takeaway. 

Nobody thinks we will have the talent level of UM but the discrepancy shouldn't be this different . Also I think it was more UM sleep walking through the first quarter that made our offense look better early.

Edited by IU Scott