Rutgers Pre Game Thread

KDB

22 hours ago, Reacher said:

Only 5 point underdogs, we have a chance! Hoping for nice weather and a win since I'll be there. Hoping for a nice buzz on campus following Hoosier Hysteria and a possible second bball commitment.

Might be chilly at tailgate but warming to mid 60's and sun. Should be a beautiful day. In terms of football that's up to the staff and players. As must win as it gets or I'm afraid the time will come where the noise gets louder and louder.

4 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

This is a must win for CTA if there ever was one. 

Yep. I think he needs minimum 3-3 to finish it. Otherwise I think he's out, whether at the end of this season or next. If he can't go .500 - note: not even bowl eligible (barring the unexpected) - he won't have enough momentum to keep players and make a run at a bowl next year.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, D-BONE said:

Yep. I think he needs minimum 3-3 to finish it. Otherwise I think he's out, whether at the end of this season or next. If he can't go .500 - note: not even bowl eligible (barring the unexpected) - he won't have enough momentum to keep players and make a run at a bowl next year.  

I want him gone yesterday.   

• Like 1

Thinking out loud:

• Rutgers has beat us 2 in a row, looking to extend to 3 in a row
  • Rutgers comes in a 5-2 and clinches bowl eligibility with a win
  • ESPN matchup predictor favors Rutgers 68%

Our hopes of salvaging a positive outcome for the season requires winning this game. We have the talent to beat them but we need to show up focused and disciplined for 4 quarters. We should be plenty motivated. I just lack any faith though. Prove me wrong for once? Please? 

11 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Thinking out loud:

• Rutgers has beat us 2 in a row, looking to extend to 3 in a row
  • Rutgers comes in a 5-2 and clinches bowl eligibility with a win
  • ESPN matchup predictor favors Rutgers 68%

Our hopes of salvaging a positive outcome for the season requires winning this game. We have the talent to beat them but we need to show up focused and disciplined for 4 quarters. We should be plenty motivated. I just lack any faith though. Prove me wrong for once? Please? 

Ditto. But as to the having the talent, do we really? I don't know anymore. Many here - myself included - early on felt the talent was there to be competitive. Now I find myself wondering. Was I deceived by the typical unrealistic early-season optimism? Or am I being deceived by poor coaching/player development? It's devolved so much that I can't even make up my mind. Well, I should say I definitely know coaching is a big part of the equation. But was my early assessment of talent level that far off?

Edited by D-BONE
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, D-BONE said:

Ditto. But as to the having the talent, do we really? I don't know anymore. Many here - myself included - early on felt the talent was there to be competitive. Now I find myself wondering. Was I deceived by the typical unrealistic early-season optimism? Or am I being deceived by poor coaching/player development? It's devolved so much that I can't even make up my mind. Well, I should say I definitely know coaching is a big part of the equation. But was my early assessment of talent level that far off?

If I look at the Ohio State and Louisville games, I want to say yes the talent is there. But looking at all the other games, well um...not so much. I dunno man.