What will IU finish the regular season?

KDB

What will IU finish the regular season?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What will IU finish the regular season?

• 3-9
    • 4-8
    • 5-7
    • 6-6

Bowl eligible would be a miracle. Hard to win 4 straight in B1G regardless. I'd be ecstatic, of course, but I would never predict that. I think 4-8, but 5-7 is a possibility. Running the table seems like a total anti-IU-football thing. You just know that even if all the games are in the balance, we'll find a way to shoot ourselves in the foot at least once. So, feel free to show me up, IU!

If we go 6-6 after what's happened, I will give CTA a lot of credit. That would be a pretty big accomplishment. I was fairly optimistic to start the season and 100% lost it after the MD and Rutgers games. So I remain very, very cautious regardless of our perceived chances. The most nerve racking thing is you know all of these games are going down to the wire, or we get drilled. It would be nice to kick ILL's a** to get some really good momentum for the MSU game. Get beat by ILL and I could see us imploding the last couple of games. So once again, ILL is pretty much a must win game. As much as I have complained about CTA, win out and I will be super impressed. In reality, win 2 of the last 3, and the season isn't the dumpster fire it looked like a few weeks ago. But lose two or all of them, and he's in huge trouble. That being said, I will be watching. Go Hoosiers! 

• Like 3

Even if IU wins out, including a bowl game, to finish 7-6, the administration still needs to scour the landscape for a new head coach.  

7-6 would be the zenith for a non-covid season under Allen.  A 7-6 team in this years Big Ten is a 4-8 or, at best, a 5-7 team after the West Coast expansion.  

You have to keep swinging for the fences to find the right coach or be forever doomed to mediocrity.  Allen has been around long enough to show he is not it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...