IU Offers 2025 PG Chance Mallory

IUFLA

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Is he still 5'9"?

I have no clue if we will ever see a system develop.  I was thinking bigger guards were Woodsons type.  

According to TDH, he's grown. He's a whopping 5'10" now.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-hoosiers-offer-2025-point-guard-chance-mallory/

He's small but he does have a decent offer list. It seems like a weird offer to me.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

According to TDH, he's grown. He's a whopping 5'10" now.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-hoosiers-offer-2025-point-guard-chance-mallory/

He's small but he does have a decent offer list. It seems like a weird offer to me.

Is he comp to Damon Stoudemire?  If not what are we doing?

Maybe  we are going back to traditional roster building.  This whole idea of positionless basketball in college basketball is a farce anyways. All it really means is that you've got five guys with a lot of skill and it's really hard to get five Guys with a lot of skill which is really rare in college basketball because they're already going to be professional if they're that good and that big and if not already pro they'll be a one and done and you can't sustain unless you constantly reload like only duke and Kentucky do. Rant over

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Watch dug McDaniel. He reminds me of him. After watching him last night carve up St. John’s I was like this kid reminds me of him a bit. Mallory has NBA range already. Can take and make off the dribble. 

Quickness, great handle, bouncy and can shoot.  McDaniel is very similar to another Wolverine from mid-seventies...Rickey Green.  If Mallory has those qualities, then I'm okay with the offer.

1 minute ago, Southern IN Hoosier said:

We don't get off to a great start this season, miss out on a recruit, and now everyone wants to nitpick everything CMW and staff are doing. Yes I agree we haven't started out looking like a team with three 5* recruits on the roster but lets trust it. 

Scream it louder from the rooftops so the people in the back can hear. 2 weeks ago CMW could do no wrong. Now he cant even wipe his ass without someone questioning it. The big part is people are playing the results..... of two games nonetheless. No one was clairvoyant enough in the summer to have an issue back when we got Ware and MM. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Scream it louder from the rooftops so the people in the back can hear. 2 weeks ago CMW could do no wrong. Now he cant even wipe his ass without someone questioning it. The big part is people are playing the results..... of two games nonetheless. No one was clairvoyant enough in the summer to have an issue back when we got Ware and MM. 

The ones that get me are the ones who complain about the same things staff is pointing out!! And then they come across as though staff is clueless????

• Like 3

I could care less about height at the PG position. At all. If opposing teams struggle to stay in front of him and creates mismatches, if he can shoot, if he can get to the rim, if he plays good defense, has handles, doesn’t turn the ball over, has a good basketball IQ…you have enough of these boxes checked and sign me up.

PARTICULARLY because at his height it’s likely he’s a 3-4 year player even if he puts up great stats and wins.

Does anyone here think this team wouldn’t IMMEDIATELY be better if Yogi Ferrell was on the floor???

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...