Potential HC Candidates

KDB

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

I have a hard time with Frye.  He’s kind of like Carey but behind by ten years.  He’d have to be amazing with other attributes which I just don’t know.  

I do NOT want us on a track where we hire somebody just because of IU ties, ex-IU players be damned.  Too big of a hire to limit it to that.   It’s not like we are Alabama where our internal list is full of success.   Just IMO.  I know some of you disagree.  

The guy has clearly done something right to be the associate head coach at OSU. I think he does deserve consideration. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

The guy has clearly done something right to be the associate head coach at OSU. I think he does deserve consideration. 

If it was up to OSU fans at Eleven Warriors, they'd put Frye on a palanquin and walk him to Bloomington if we'd take him... 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

I’m definitely not saying he’s a total idiot.  But there are more accomplished resumes and I don’t want the IU thing to weigh too heavily.  What I don’t know is his makeup.  Maybe that’s in his favor.  I can’t judge that.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It looks like Fritz is going after the Houston job. That's why he hasn't been connected to Indiana at all. 

He kind of intrigued me. Osterman talked about his offense and said it is like a triple option but from the shot gun. That kind of gimck offense might help IU because that style is harder to prepare for

Edited by IU Scott

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He kind of intrigued me. Osterman talked about josboffense and said it is like a triple option but from the shit gun. That kind of gimck offense might help IU because that style is harder to prepare for

the shit gun would definitely be a new look lol 

is taco bell required eating before games?

35 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Still trying to figure out where you're coming from.... 

and to be clear... you're saying we are without a doubt hiring Frye and he is 100% a downgrade from Allen? 

Again.. your words. 

This^^ and man he's sticking to his guns. But a downgrade? That's laughable. I don't think anyone would be a downgrade. Lateral? Not exciting? Yeah, maybe. But a downgrade? That's trolling if I've ever heard it. Suite 4 must have a soft spot for CTA if he thinks anyone is a downgrade. If it is Frye, his staff alone will be an upgrade. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

If it was up to OSU fans at Eleven Warriors, they'd put Frye on a palanquin and walk him to Bloomington if we'd take him... 

OSU fans also want to get rid of Day too and almost any school except about 2 or 3 right now would hire him if they could.  

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

It’s a done deal people. This search crap is all smoke and mirrors. Giving them time to get all the ducks in a row. Downgrade hire. 

seems like an expensive game of smoke and mirrors. 

If this doesn't come to fruition, do you promise to find KC and serenade the board to 'All My Life'? 

• Haha 1