Potential HC Candidates

KDB

Just now, KDB said:

That’s fine, lol. Just curious what intrigues you with Hart.

1. I think people would recognize the name

2. I think HS kids would "like" him

3. He knows exactly what he's getting into

Kevin Wilson was quoted as saying "I didn't know how hard it would be to recruit at Indiana"... I thought that was a pretty telling line. Truthfully, and again respectfully, I think most names mentioned on here are boring af and flat out wouldn't work at Indiana. Other places, they might be great hires, I'm not sure that's true at Indiana. 

• Like 4

It's clear that Scott Dolson needs to go. Tom Allen underwhelmed us by hiring Coordinators like Nick Sheridan, Walt Bell, Chad Wilt, Charlten Warren, and Matt Guerreri.

It sounds like Dolson is about to do the same thing. Mike Hart? Justin Frye? Rod Carey? Paul Chryst? Goodness gracious. No wonder the CFB community treats us like a laughingstock. They'll really pass on Jason Candle for these clowns. I'd take PJ Fleck at this point.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

It's clear that Scott Dolson needs to go. Tom Allen underwhelmed us by hiring Coordinators like Nick Sheridan, Walt Bell, Chad Wilt, Charlten Warren, and Matt Guerreri.

It sounds like Dolson is about to do the same thing. Mike Hart? Justin Frye? Rod Carey? Paul Chryst? Goodness gracious. No wonder the CFB community treats us like a laughingstock. They'll really pass on Jason Candle for these clowns. I'd take PJ Fleck at this point.

I wouldnt be terribly upset with Chryst, its definitely not a sexy hire but if he is willing to adapt to the new cfb and he incorporates some of what he learned from Sark in his year at Texas into his offense it could work.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

@BGleas and you have people like this.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Who would pass on Jason Candle for the guys you are whining about? Who said that? 

Jason Candle is the one that should pass on Indiana, if we're being real. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Definitely. And if he can that's going to be awesome. Doesn't mean he will though. 

I could set the expectations to Blake Lively that I'm 10x the lover as Ryan Reynolds. Doesn't mean she's going to leave him for me. 

I'll bring you with next time I pop over to see her 😁

• Like 1

The local paper again had a story about the coaching search today. Provided pros and cons to the candidates they thought were possible hires. FWIW, Herman nor Doehring were on the list.

The con they mentioned with Candle was that Toledo was the easiest MAC school to recruit to, and that he might have trouble bringing talent to Bloomington. Also listed were the Tulane hc and Wommack with the criticism that they have not proven they can recruit the Midwest.

He did bring up a name I have not seen --the HC of UNLV. With the turnaround job he's done.

I still am in the Herman camp, and think we should be pursuing him until he shuts us down. 

14 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

@BGleas and you have people like this.

Yup, there are absolutely some outliers. I guess my thing is people can focus on a fringe opinion like that one or engage with the 10-15 other posters in this thread that are having engaging, constructive debate on the hire/hiring process. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yup, there are absolutely some outliers. I guess my thing is people can focus on a fringe opinion like that one or engage with the 10-15 other posters in this thread that are having engaging, constructive debate on the hire/hiring process. 

I'm having a constructive debate. I didn't call out anyone one here. I am merely stating what I think to be facts. 

I must say I am a little confused. I thought Dolson wanted someone with head coaching experience...and he is interviewing Mike Hart who hasn't risen to OC yet? He might be a great coordinator/coach someday, but that seems like a huge jump from running backs coach to head coach.

Edited by FritzIam4IU

6 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I must say I am a little confused. I thought Dolson wanted someone with head coaching experience...and he is interviewing Mike Hart who hasn't risen to OC yet? He might be a great coordinator/coach someday, but that seems like a huge jump from running backs coach to head coach.

Do we really know what the criteria is?  And many times the interview process is to gather information about the person for other positions, or for the future or maybe to pass along to whomever they hire. Why not talk to as many candidates as time permits. They have to get this right, so don't pass on a guy that might be the perfect fit. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Hart was the head coach at Michigan for their game against UNLV earlier this year while Harbaugh served his suspension...

Guess that'll do

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I'm having a constructive debate. I didn't call out anyone one here. I am merely stating what I think to be facts. 

Apologies, didn't mean to insinuate that you aren't being constructive with many of your points. 

I do think it's probably a fringe opinion to think Scott Dolson is doing a horrible job and needs to be fired though. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

How do we actually know what Dolson is looking for. Just because some random people on a message board says this doesn't mean it is true. Unless it comes from Dolson himself everything else is speculative. Also how do people know everyone who is being interviewed because the only place I see anything mentioned is on here 

• Thanks 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

How do we actually know what Dolson is looking for. Just because some random people on a message board says this doesn't mean it is true. Unless it comes from Dolson himself everything else is speculative. Also how do people know everyone who is being interviewed because the only place I see anything mentioned is on here 

I thought you emailed him the criteria? 🙂

• Haha 6

I always wondered about who all of these sources are that tells everything that is going on in the program. Even guys like Osterman says this is what he is hearing but who does he talk to. A lot of things that are let out are probably are to just see what the reaction would be.  I doubt anyone inside the athletic department will leak anything that they don't want people to know.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Weaver is reporting that Hart is interviewing, not some random anonymous person on a message board.

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Apologies, didn't mean to insinuate that you aren't being constructive with many of your points. 

I do think it's probably a fringe opinion to think Scott Dolson is doing a horrible job and needs to be fired though. 

I understand that point. It's just seems like the guy isn't right to make a splash. We wanted a splash after Archie, and we didn't get it.