Portal news

Wash. St. QB, Cameron Ward is in the portal.

Arkansas QB KJ Jefferson is also.

Duke QB Riley Leonard is also, but looks like he is already Notre Dame bound.

Notre Dame OL Zeke Correll is in the portal.  He was a plug and play starter.

Mississippi St. QB Will Rogers is in the portal.

Texas AM QB Max Johnson and Texas Tech QB Tyler Shough are both in the portal.

2 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

OSU QB Kyle McCord is in the portal.

I saw an article over the weekend that OSU was one school to offer a $1 million NIL deal to Washington St QB Cameron Ward.  Coincidence?

McCord was the worst starting OSU qb in recent memory. Any of their qb's of the past 15-20 years probably wins a national title with this team. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

McCord was the worst starting OSU qb in recent memory. Any of their qb's of the past 15-20 years probably wins a national title with this team. 

Yup they had everything except the QB this year…still just about got it done…if Stroud or Fields is on this team they are national champs 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Why would a player who left a coach once, go play for him again. At a worse football situation then what he was at. Makes no sense.

Figure he probably wanted an opportunity to play better competition. Or maybe a larger school. Just like Payton Sparks coming to IU. Hopefully IU and his old coach is enough to bring him here. Might not have liked something at SC?

Edited by Reacher
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Why would a player who left a coach once, go play for him again. At a worse football situation then what he was at. Makes no sense.

JMU was FCS i think when he left.  

Maybe he wanted to play Power 5 football. 

Maybe he was paid to leave (NIL)

Leaving JMU as an FCS program doesn't necessarily point to him not liking CCC.  

Edited by iuswingman

2 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

JMU was FCS i think when he left.  

Maybe he wanted to play Power 5 football. 

Maybe he was paid to leave (NIL)

Leaving JMU as an FCS program doesn't necessarily point to him not liking CCC.  

Good point about FCS, hadn't thought about that, and don't forget... when he transferred, the assumption was JMU was not going to be post-season eligible the last two years. 

Also--- Sun Belt to SECE is a pretty sizable step. 

• Like 1

With so much fluidity in sports today -- both collegiately and professionally -- it's smart not to burn bridges. You just never know how things might traverse and circle back, through portals, firings and hirings, etc. Not every relationship that separates means that it is filled with animosity. Some of these moves are about timing more than anything else.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MoyeCowbell said:

With so much fluidity in sports today -- both collegiately and professionally -- it's smart not to burn bridges. You just never know how things might traverse and circle back, through portals, firings and hirings, etc. Not every relationship that separates means that it is filled with animosity. Some of these moves are about timing more than anything else.

Well said.  Honestly, a good life lesson.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Indykev said:

SC and IU are in the same mess. Unless he gets big NIL money, I don't see any other reason to move to IU.

Rainbows and sunshine I see. There are a multitude of reasons to transfer. 
the biggest reason I can see here is touches. He got 3 in 3 games with SC this year. Come be #1 or 2 at iu. Come be 1000 yard and 15 TD receiver again. Or you can stay and get a reception a game.