Iowa Game Thread

KDB

Obviously we don't want Reneau hurt. He gives us so much.

But like when Ware went down, having one of our 5s out takes away some of the redundancy that has clogged up our spacing. I wonder if there is a silver lining to this, in that we'll have a smaller, more flexible lineup that isn't so post-dominant.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MoyeCowbell said:

But like when Ware went down, having one of our 5s out takes away some of the redundancy that has clogged up our spacing. I wonder if there is a silver lining to this, in that we'll have a smaller, more flexible lineup that isn't so post-dominant.

I was just about to post something similar. I like Reneau. I like Ware, but we are better with only one of them on the floor at a time. 

• Like 4

Just now, John S said:

OK, i hTe to complain but with X back in the tempo on O is slowly dying.  He’s doing his dribbling exhibitions again. The others stand around.  A big difference when Leal was in there.  

Yes.  When Cupps & Leal were in we moved the ball really well, then XJ came in and everything just grinds toa crawl.

• Like 1

All things considered, that was one of our better half’s of the year. The defense was excellent for the most part. Sandfort hit some shots, but it felt like some of them were heavily contested and you just tip your cap and keep playing. Ware is completely owning the paint on defense.

One of the issues with this team this year is playing a full 40 minute game. We’re halfway there, need the same effort and execution in the second half.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

The ball isn’t sticking…aware passes out…he isn’t as good at scoring 1-1 in the post but Reneau could take note.

Intensity and defense pretty good first half. Ware impressive on defense but had only 5 shots.  Our 59% shooting will not endure, and IA will hit higher % in next half.  This could slip away if we soften or slow down ball movement.  Go IU. 

• Like 2