We got a big recruit?

See new posts

Conversation

cXKuYfds_bigger.jpg

5 ⭐️ quarterback Julian Lewis and Indiana wide receiver target Ryan Mosley on their visit in Bloomington yesterday #IUFB

·
Views

Bookmark

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 3

Coaches taking to twitter to brag about beating out MAC schools for the 21st ranked player in the state is wild. What a day to be a Hoosier, indeed. 
edit: if it’s referring to Parker, guess I just have to hope that’s a coincidence 

Edited by Hoosier82
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Coaches taking to twitter to brag about beating out MAC schools for the 21st ranked player in the state is wild. What a day to be a Hoosier, indeed. 
edit: if it’s referring to Parker, guess I just have to hope that’s a coincidence 

Its not about the stars or rankings, they said. Its about seeing what NO other power 5 school sees, they said. Magic 8 ball helps. I kid. :coffee:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoosier82 said:

Yeah my bad.  They acted like they had just landed an elite recruit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iuswingman said:

They literally meant big recruit.

The staff is going to hype every commit.

I doubt they are going to post a meme saying "well, we needed warm bodies"

It’s not a great look, but whatever. I googled Cig and he’s the best there ever is, was and ever will be…so it doesn’t really matter who we recruit. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

It’s not a great look, but whatever. I googled Cig and he’s the best there ever is, was and ever will be…so it doesn’t really matter who we recruit. 

Probably a worse look to acknowledge/celebrate some commitments but not others.  I’m guessing Cig wants them all believing they are big-time recruits.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

Probably a worse look to acknowledge/celebrate some commitments but not others.  I’m guessing Cig wants them all believing they are big-time recruits.

I thought that was relatively easy to understand, and I agree. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Have watched him grow and develop and is only getting better. Never a bad thing to have Carmel's program as a quick ally. They have some others in the pipeline as well.

Having lived in the community for over 40 years, I completely agree. For those who don't know, Carmel has the biggest high school in the state and their athletic program is second to none across the board. Their football team is always in the conversation for the state big school championship. Not relevant here, but Camel's girls swim team has the longest consecutive state championships string in the nation. I wouldn't scoff at anyone coming out of Carmel.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Having lived in the community for over 40 years, I completely agree. For those who don't know, Carmel has the biggest high school in the state and their athletic program is second to none across the board. Their football team is always in the conversation for the state big school championship. Not relevant here, but Camel's girls swim team has the longest consecutive state championships string in the nation. I wouldn't scoff at anyone coming out of Carmel.

We can live with Hamilton Co, Hendricks Co, the MIC, and Center Grove filling "much" of our roster. We have to identify the correct ones from those schools, though. 

Sterling Weatherford-- 6'4 225lbs safety/LBer combo-- went to Hamilton Heights, not recruited by IU... starred at Miami of OH and plays for the Bears now. Just simple example of that. I understand we'll never get them all in any sport, but we HAVE to start identifying ones in HS better, especially the ones in state. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

Do they have a weight room.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

We can live with Hamilton Co, Hendricks Co, the MIC, and Center Grove filling "much" of our roster. We have to identify the correct ones from those schools, though. 

Sterling Weatherford-- 6'4 225lbs safety/LBer combo-- went to Hamilton Heights, not recruited by IU... starred at Miami of OH and plays for the Bears now. Just simple example of that. I understand we'll never get them all in any sport, but we HAVE to start identifying ones in HS better, especially the ones in state. 

I probably should have included all of the greater Indy area as fertile ground for recruits. Give the proximity to IU, I would think CCC will be a frequent visitor to the area. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

All day long. I'm not saying it has to be the State of Miami sorta thing but there's more than enough talent in those counties to lock down. 

• Like 2