Purdue Game Thread

KDB

I don’t want to make it bigger than it is, but at the same time it’s a bit of a microcosm of some of the complaints about Woodson as a coach…

he called timeout with .3 seconds (nothing was going to happen, and we need that timeout in H2) and then proceeded to not even put in Ware. Purdue did sub on the timeout to put another big on the inbound.

What are we doing?!?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Some things Woody does well…I usually like the plays he draws up…some other things but my god did he not learn from last time when we got boat raced with Ware on the bench? That is something I just can’t put up with. Long shot to win this game….why let them go on a 15-1 run??

I agree normally his out of timeout plays are good, today they are just laughably awful.

A 5 second on one of them, a lob to Trey with Ware on the bench on the other. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I don’t want to make it bigger than it is, but at the same time it’s a bit of a microcosm of some of the complaints about Woodson as a coach…

he called timeout with .3 seconds (nothing was going to happen, and we need that timeout in H2) and then proceeded to not even put in Ware. Purdue did sub on the timeout to put another big on the inbound.

What are we doing?!?

Getting out coached…per usual.

• Sad 1

I hate that CMW puts our players into high pressure situations, allowing opponents to run up a big rally, rarely calling timeouts to break momentum and sitting key players at wrong times.  Performance usually slips undr pressure, but Trey is showing leadership and skill anyway.  

Just now, John S said:

I hate that CMW puts our players into high pressure situations, allowing opponents to run up a big rally, rarely calling timeouts to break momentum and sitting key players at wrong times.  Performance usually slips undr pressure, but Trey is showing leadership and skill anyway.  

We called two timeouts in that half, neither during their run. 

• Like 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I agree normally his out of timeout plays are good, today they are just laughably awful.

A 5 second on one of them, a lob to Trey with Ware on the bench on the other. 

5 second call wasn’t his fault…Mbako missed Cupps right away…last play didn’t need a TO so was a waste…agree

Just now, BGleas said:

This didn't help...

His lineups are inexcusable. What is his fascination with playing big? It kills any chance on the offensive end and it isn’t like we can be big enough to stop Edey anyways. You don’t have to play pay BIG against Purdue to win. You do need attacking guards and knock down some threes though…so we are screwed rhere.

• Like 2

Just don't understand sitting a player because of two fouls especially when your opponent starts going in a run. What is the use of saving a player if you get down big. I remember in the semi final in 87 Thomas had 3 fouls in the be first 5 minutes of the game.

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

What are we doing?!?

They were reviewing the clock.  Not a timeout.  

Both teams still have 3

• Like 1