Nebraska II Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

I didn't think Cupps was a good matchup on Buie, and I was wrong... He did pretty well guarding him...

Last game against Nebraska, XJ and Trey guarded Tominaga with very little success...

So, Gabe, here you go...

Also, the Allick kid who came off the bench for them last time and produced 8 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals, has gone back to starting... Kids got a great motor and will get all the 50/50 balls if you let him... 

• Like 2

I am off today, had a yearly check up today. So what does a long time frustrated IU fan do, watch old games on YouTube. Watching the 93 sweet 16 game vs UL. Boy is the game so different and don't even look like the same game as today. So much more movement and passing and less standing and dribbling. A lot more scoring as well, right now it is IU up 35-29 with 7 minutes to go in the first half.

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am off today, had a yearly check up today. So what does a long time frustrated IU fan do, watch old games on YouTube. Watching the 93 sweet 16 game vs UL. Boy is the game so different and don't even look like the same game as today. So much more movement and passing and less standing and dribbling. A lot more scoring as well, right now it is IU up 35-29 with 7 minutes to go in the first half.

What is sad to me us even though in this game IU scored 50 in the first half. 75% of the shots we hit would be considered bad shots today and not taken.

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They are long two pointers which analytics say are bad shots

As a general statement, yes, but we also can analyze that down to the individual player level. And in 1993 there was less than 3' of long two pointers available...

So I don't necessarily buy that we were taking tons of bad shots in 1993, but I will say it's pretty obvious we should have shot about 10 more three pointers per game that year. 

1 minute ago, bronkonagurski said:

Okay so I bought some new living room furniture the other day. I'm going to see if sitting on it makes IU play better tonight. Change the mojo, ya know.

Don’t wreck the new furniture if it doesn’t work!

26 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

As a general statement, yes, but we also can analyze that down to the individual player level. And in 1993 there was less than 3' of long two pointers available...

So I don't necessarily buy that we were taking tons of bad shots in 1993, but I will say it's pretty obvious we should have shot about 10 more three pointers per game that year. 

Why should they shot more 3's since the team averaged over 80 a game and went 17-1 in the conference 

• Thanks 1

• BGleas locked this topic