2024 Transfer Portal

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was so wrong on Banks because I really thought he would be a really good player.

From an article when he committed:

From the video I have watched, I really like Banks’ ballhandling skills for his size. He has a nice pull-up jumper, and what looks to be a nice shooting touch. All of that looks like a great fit for a Mike Woodson 4-out, 1-in type of offense.

Kaleb average 23.5 points per game as a junior at Fayette County High School. He also added 8.5 rebounds and shot 38% from the three-point line.

You know what I would find interesting/cool with NIL being such a thing. You now get 5 years of eligibility instead of 4 since Covid year is gone but that 5th year you must be enrolling in a grad program and you must transfer to a different school. Now obviously number of years change based on redshirt and medical redshirt. 

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

From the video I have watched, I really like Banks’ ballhandling skills for his size. He has a nice pull-up jumper, and what looks to be a nice shooting touch. All of that looks like a great fit for a Mike Woodson 4-out, 1-in type of offense.

Kaleb average 23.5 points per game as a junior at Fayette County High School. He also added 8.5 rebounds and shot 38% from the three-point line.

Yeah I think like a lot of high school kids when they are the star of their team and get high volume they look great because they are getting reps but then Woodson has a specific demand for defense and you get buried if you can’t defend and that not only hurts your confidence but also hurts your number of reps.

1 minute ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

You know what I would find interesting/cool with NIL being such a thing. You now get 5 years of eligibility instead of 4 since Covid year is gone but that 5th year you must be enrolling in a grad program and you must transfer to a different school. Now obviously number of years change based on redshirt and medical redshirt. 

That just sort of sounds like change for the sake of change. I'm not a fan of the idea. Sorry.

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Was it Bruce Webber who was called the 'Dream Killer'? Hopefully Woody isn't the 'Shot Killer'.