2024 Transfer Portal

10 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Right decision for all three and IU. The fact they leave and it really doesn't change a thing for IU means they brought little to the table. Trying to project some great leap in production for any of the three is wishful thinking.

The portal should be a plus for IU.  You can prune the roster as you see fit and fill as many needs as you feel like it.  Priller wouldn’t be able to absorb a scholly for four years today.  With the amount of money involved at IU, with a good coach and proper infrastructure this can be a major benefit.  It’s a pity we blew it last year but hopefully as a program we will reap rewards in the future.  

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Right decision for all three and IU. The fact they leave and it really doesn't change a thing for IU means they brought little to the table. Trying to project some great leap in production for any of the three is wishful thinking.

really could change a lot depends on who the staff can get.

I can’t speak for Sparks, but it seemed like CJ and Caleb regressed from their freshman seasons. I think under the right coach and circumstances, they could potentially flourish. It appears that Woodson’s version of IUBB isn’t focused on developing the roster… just the top of the roster. 

• Like 5

On 3/11/2024 at 2:59 PM, Seeking6 said:

One thing about the portal is that there will be about 1000 entrants so buckle up for the long haul. One that has me more intrigued is the kid from UT Martin. Jacob Crews. 6'8 guard. 42% from 3. Looks like a Liam clone.

Committed to Missouri

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The portal should be a plus for IU.  You can prune the roster as you see fit and fill as many needs as you feel like it.  Priller wouldn’t be able to absorb a scholly for four years today.  With the amount of money involved at IU, with a good coach and proper infrastructure this can be a major benefit.  It’s a pity we blew it last year but hopefully as a program we will reap rewards in the future.  

Gunn has a lot more upside than Leal ever will.

Leal belongs in a lower level like Ball State. Somewhat a decent defender, a liability when driving to the basket.

If Leal sees too much play time you can throw another season away.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ForHumanity said:

Leal belongs in a lower level like Ball State. Somewhat a decent defender, a liability when driving to the basket.

Sorry but that is crazy, Leal was one of our best defenders.  He kept his man and ball in front of him way more than any bench player would have on the roster this year.  Kid has a high BB IQ which is what we need on this team.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, ForHumanity said:

Leal is in the portal? 

1 hour ago, Danomatic said:

I can’t speak for Sparks, but it seemed like CJ and Caleb regressed from their freshman seasons. I think under the right coach and circumstances, they could potentially flourish. It appears that Woodson’s version of IUBB isn’t focused on developing the roster… just the top of the roster. 

I kinda disagree. I think CJ's defense improved. The poor kid just can't make a shot to save our asses. I don't see that being on the staff, it's between CJ's ears.

In warm ups, I've set and watched him drill 20 straight... game time, he had trouble throwing it out of bounds. Totally sucks for the kid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danomatic said:

Refer to my post bottom of prior page, thanks for playing.

3 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I kinda disagree. I think CJ's defense improved. The poor kid just can't make a shot to save our asses. I don't see that being on the staff, it's between CJ's ears.

In warm ups, I've set and watched him drill 20 straight... game time, he had trouble throwing it out of bounds. Totally sucks for the kid.

Once IU was down 25, he couldn’t miss

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

His dad got super mad at her for this and ended up using the flip off finger lol

some people live by a different set of facts. Gunn is a perfect name. I saw it and called it out in the game thread. he was launching from every where making a transfer reel.

1 hour ago, iuthruandthru said:

Sorry but that is crazy, Leal was one of our best defenders.  He kept his man and ball in front of him way more than any bench player would have on the roster this year.  Kid has a high BB IQ which is what we need on this team.

Disagree. We'll have to see next year. 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

Agree with all that, but he needs to focus on shooting, and become a legitimate 3pt threat. That’s what we need….forget about taking the ball to the hoop. 

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

some people live by a different set of facts. Gunn is a perfect name. I saw it and called it out in the game thread. he was launching from every where making a transfer reel.

Whats crazy to me is his shot is an easy fix and either his adrenaline doesn’t allow for him to in game action or the. Inches aren’t correcting it. To me it’s all in his legs. Coming around screens he over rotates his body and jumps to high. Then in normal jump shots again when he over jumps he misses. When he’s slow with his legs and body is when he typically makes it. I would consider his jump shot fluid and smooth and it requires him to physically be in line with the hoop. The rim needs to be right in the middle of his shoulders and his elbow needs to line up. When he speeds himself up it hurts all of the things above which for him is what creates his inconsistency.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

With Sparks leaving I'm assuming that Woodson is now going to focus on playing a more modern style of basketball and Sparks wasn't in the plans for that. The issue is now we have no backup for Malik which I feel Sparks would have done well at. 

Sparks was not a viable backup at this level.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SawatchHoosier said:

With Sparks leaving I'm assuming that Woodson is now going to focus on playing a more modern style of basketball and Sparks wasn't in the plans for that. The issue is now we have no backup for Malik which I feel Sparks would have done well at. 

You honestly believe Woodson is going to change anything of significance moving forward? 🤔 

• Like 2